Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scenario Special Rules list ("Dots")
02-11-2010, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2010 12:35 AM by mqstout.)
Scenario Special Rules list ("Dots")
This isn't all on the FF Wiki, so... Here it is. I was going to put this into a table, but this forum software apparently doesn't support tables.

Note that some of the rules have been reprinted; I've listed all printings.

Notes:
* Those with a letter after them are meant to be introduced as a matched pair. These are suggestions from Survival of the Fittest.
* ^1: Hero Starting Cards (X), originally printed in Growing Hunger, was reprinted with a different (higher) dot value in Survival of the Fittest.
* ^2: Numbered Counters is not really a special rule per se, but it's listed in the scenarios and rule books as one.
* ^3: These are not dotted "recommended house rules" contained in Survival of the Fittest.
* ^4: Extra Doors (X), found in the Web Scenario Run For It was not explicitly given a point value there. I've listed it here for completion's sake. See my discussion if it in a follow-up post.

Format
Name (Dots, source)

Hero
Free Search Markers (3, GH)
Hero Starting Cards (X) (X, GH) ^1
Heroes Replenish (2, GH)
Well-Stocked Buildings (1, GH)

Hero Starting Cards (1) (2, HP1)
Heroes Replenish (2, HP1)

Barricades (2, SF)
Hero Card Pool (X) ((X/2), SF)
Hero Starting Cards (1) (2, SF) ^1
Hero Starting Cards (2) (4, SF) ^1
Heroes Replenish (2, SF) B
Manor Deck (10) (2, SF)
Survival Decks (3, SF) A
Townsfolk Allies (X) (XX, SF)

Townsfolk Heroes (X) (XX, Web)

Zombie
Zombie Grave Dead (3, GH)
Zombie Horde (21) (4, GH)
Zombies Auto Spawn (4, GH)

Zombies Auto Spawn (4, HP1)

Always Zombie Heroes (2, SF) B
Grave Weapons (3, SF) A
Lights Out - Choice (X) (XX, SF)
Lights Out (X) (X, SF)
Taken Over - Choice (X) (XXX, SF)
Taken Over (X) (XX, SF)
Zombies Auto Spawn (4, SF)

Radioactive Grave Dead (3, FF Store)
Zombie Pillage (1, FF Store)

Other
Number Counters (n/a, HP1) ^2

Number Counters (n/a, SF) ^2
Not Much Let (n/a, SF) ^3
Scenario Search Items and starting cards (n/a, SF) ^3

Extra Doors (X) (n/a, Web) ^4
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2010, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 02:50 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Scenario Special Rules list ("Dots")
Regarding Extra Doors (X), it feels as though it'd be a 1-dot ability per two doors. (That is, half a dot per door.)

I would pair it perfectly with a Zombie ability named "Locked Doors (X)" with the same point cost. Zombies and heroes take turns at the beginning of the game, before models are placed, placing their markers on the board. (Zombies only locking doors printed on the tiles; Heroes placing according to the rules in the scenario.) Locked doors read: Locked doors are treated as walls for the purposes of hero movement. A hero can discard any keys item to discard a locked door marker placed on the board. Locked doors cannot be canceled as if they were a remains in play event.

I just realized this is covered by the GH rulebook. Will add to the list above.
01-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I made a document combing all the Scenario Special rules with descriptions and an easy to view chart for adding them to existing scenarios. Check the uploads section and let me know any thoughts or additions. I haven't added any custom ones yet but if you have some, send them my way.
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 03:32 AM
I was under the impression that Flying Frog didn't want these rules shared, as they regarded them as part of the intellectual property you buy when you purchase the expansions. Obviously this post has existed for some time...I must have missed it. I also have made a list of these to facilitate adding them to games, but never shared for the reason I mentioned.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
01-11-2011, 03:55 AM
I never put much thought into it beside the fact that I have put in 4 or 5 hours combining them all into one document because I am tired of thumbing through umpteen different rule books/pages when setting up our games.
01-11-2011, 03:56 AM
That also is why I made the list -- only -- but did not include the descriptions of what they do.
01-17-2018, 03:43 PM
Thanks! this is very useful