Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Should the number of Turns Change?
Yes, it should be shorter
Yes, it should be longer
No it is fine
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scenario "The Thespian"
10-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Scenario "The Thespian"
This is the second inspired by Zombieland scenario. If you have not seen the movie please back out because this contains spoilers for the movie.....................................

You have been warned!

I hope that you like this scenario. Hopefully it makes sense to you since I just finished it at 4am. The idea of this is that not all is as it seems and one of the "Zombies" is in fact a human survivor. You must find them and survive until sunrise. Any comments and/or suggestions are welcomed.

This scenario can be combined with The Last Ones On Earth if you want. Use Board Option 2 for the setup on The Last Ones On Earth as well as Turns: 18, also instead of surviving until sunrise everybody (the Heroes, Actor/Actress, and the Twinkies) must escape using the truck.

Again I attached a word document in case you want to print it out.

Scenario: The Thespian

Back story: When pushed humanity is very clever. This allows them to adapt to any situation. When the Zombies started showing up one person developed the perfect cover, act like a Zombie. Unfortunately the act cannot go on forever and the thespian needs to be rescued. So the search begins for the actor/actress, however there is a catch the actor/actress has to continue to pretend to be a zombie in order to stay alive. The Heroes must risk their health in order to identify the actor/actress.

Game Setup:

Board Setup: Set up game board with Manor facing up then set up the rest of the board as normal. The Heroes roll a random building and setup all 4 Heroes in that building. If a “1” or “6” is rolled the Manor can be selected, however the Manor is considered to have 5 sections that you then roll for

1. is the main part
2. is the room with the piano
3. is the room with the couch and chairs
4. is the room with the bear rug
5. is the dining room
6. is the choice of the player who picked the Manor

Heroes start with any normal items, and 1 extra Hero card. The Zombie player takes all the “Townsfolk” cards out of the deck and randomly selects 6 of them and places them aside. The remaining cards are then shuffled back into the Hero deck. The Zombie player then takes the counters “1-6” and shuffles them face down. The Zombie player then rolls for a random building (The Manor can be selected if a “1” or a “6” is rolled using the above rule for which section is selected. Also use the Manor if the building the Heroes start in is selected) and places one “Townsfolk” and number counter (facedown) in a space in that building. Only one “Townsfolk” per building and no “Townsfolk” in a building with the Heroes, re-roll if necessary. Then the Zombie player rolls a D6 to determine the number of the “Townsfolk” that is the “Actor/Actress”.

Goals: The Heroes need to search each building until they find the “Actor/Actress”, then they must survive until sunrise.

The Heroes Win If: They successfully find the “Actor/Actress” and survive until the sunrise.

The Zombies Win If: The Heroes fail to find the “Actor/Actress” or if the Heroes fail to reach sunrise. Normal victory conditions are also in effect, the “Actor/Actress” does not count towards the 4 dead Heros.

Turns: 15

Special Rules:
• When a Hero enters a space with a “Townsfolk” they turn over the number counter to determine if they found the “Actor/Actress”.
• If it is the “Actor/Actress” the “Townsfolk” is now considered in play and can fight Zombies and carry and use weapons/ items with normal restrictions. They also have 2 health boxes and can be healed using items or events.
• If the “Townsfolk” is not the “Actor/Actress”, then it turns out to be a Zombie. Place a “Hero Zombie” marker on top of the “Townsfolk” counter. The Hero must immediately fight the Zombie and the Zombie gets to roll 3 fight dice instead of the normal 1, to signify the advantage of surprise and has two health boxes. After the initial attack the “Townsfolk” uses 2 fight dice.
• When a “Townsfolk” is checked to see if it is the “Actor/Actress” their corresponding Hero Card is shuffled back into the Hero Deck. Once the “Actor/Actress” is identified, all remaining “Townsfolk” Hero Cards are shuffled back into the hero Deck.
• The Manor as a whole cannot be “Taken Over”, over each section can be.
• Any building that has a “Taken Over” marker on it can still be entered if it has a “Townsfolk” counter in it. The Hero can only check to see if the “Actor/Actress” is present, on their next turn the Hero (and if found, “Actor/Actress”) must leave the building. Additionally if needed a Hero can pass through a section of the Manor that is “Taken Over” to reach the main part.
• Any Hero that ends its turn in a building that is “Taken Over”, except on the turn where you check to see the “Townsfolk” is the “Actor/Actress”, they suffer 1 damage point, but cannot be killed. So if the next damage would result in death, ignore this. Once found the “Actor/Actress” must exit the building on their next turn or they also suffer one point of damage.
• If the Heroes use a “Townsfolk” Hero Card they must roll a D6, prior to use of the card, to check to see if it is a Zombie. On a roll of a 1 or a 2 the card is immediately discarded and a Zombie is placed in the space of the Hero that played the card. Finally a fight takes place with the Zombie attacking EACH of the Hero(es) in that space.

Attached File(s)
.doc  Scenario_Last_Ones_On_Earth.doc (Size: 22.5 KB / Downloads: 18)
.doc  Scenario_The_Thespian.doc (Size: 25 KB / Downloads: 19)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2009, 11:57 AM
RE: Scenario "The Thespian"
Nice Job,always great when a member adds game content.
I haven't played LNoE eversince AToE came out,si I'll
leave the poll to those members who would be more knowledgeable.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Old Dwarf Wrote:Nice Job,always great when a member adds game content.
I haven't played LNoE eversince AToE came out,si I'll
leave the poll to those members who would be more knowledgeable.

OD

Thanks, I really enjoy LNoE. What do you think about AToE? I am curious about it but don't know if I would like it since it seems that it plays differently from LNoE, at least from what I can tell from the rule book.
10-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I answered the AToE question up on your 'Hello" post.
Yes AToE is very diffrent from LNoE.It's set in a
very diffrent time period & the game mechanics are
totally different.

LNoE is a more immediate fight or flight game ,
and AToE is more of an adventure game.Which
is interesting as they both take place in a small towm.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: