Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scenario suggestion?
08-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Scenario suggestion?
Okay, so when my friends and I play the game, I'm ALWAYS the zombies. No one else likes doing it. To be honest though, I don't really mind. The only thing I do get kind of frustrated with, is the fact that, my friends don't really try to play the game. They never go for the objectives, so I ultimately win every game. Which, sounds like it would be a good thing for me. But it gets boring, and I like feeling the theme of the game. My friends end up just running around, trying to make their character the most BA thing around, and kill as many zombies as they can. They also like just trying to hole up in a building, fending off the swarm.

So basically, does anyone have a scenario (not one that comes with the game) that they think would fit what these heroes want to do? And preferably something with a little more gusto than "Dies Zombies Die!" This way, the heroes can have what they want, and I can go back to not being frustrated with them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
RE: Scenario suggestion?
(a) Try to find some new people to play with. LNOE is very people-friendly, even amongst people who usually don't play games.
(b) One of the scenarios with SOTF is one where they have to hole up in a building that they fortify and stay there for a while. You might also try my favorite scenario, Defend the Manor house, where you have to keep zombies from getting into the manor house.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Defend the Manor House comes to mind for me as well.

Also, look into creating your own scenarios. Ones that will work with how they play and make it exciting for you as the zombie.

If you have four human players, try a King of the Hill concept (not the show :-P). Each player picks a L-tile and their character must stay on that tile the whole game. Make it a competition to see who can last the longest. You can toss in things like Zombie Horde, Auto-spawn and Heroes replenish to make it fun for you as well. This way the heroes aren't working together, but only for themselves...heh...stupid heroes.

I enjoy playing as the zombies myself...how many times in life do I get an opportunity to eat brains? Wow, I'm disturbed.
08-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah, they usually have a good time with Defend the Manor House, but we've already over played that one. I'll look around the forums for a bit to see if I can find one that I think they'd enjoy. I like the idea of the King of the Hill one though, I'll try to think up a way to work that one out.

Thanks for your help guys
08-12-2010, 07:42 PM
The one that comes to mind for me is the one where you have to destroy the spawning pits. Not sure of the name, but if the players just want to run around and kill zombies, this one might work.

You ought to be more careful. People might think you're....up....to something.
08-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Burn 'em out.. I dunno, that one is more for people who just love sitting in a building amassing an army surplus store. My group loves cards, so that one seems more favorable.. but his sounds like Plague carriers would be nice, a custom would also be interesting. Auto spawn, 21 horde, 18 turns, and just win condition is surviving. If that doesn't break them of just wanting to kill, I don't know what will ;p