Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bitten Question
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 07:40 PM by PJON.)
Bitten Question
Hi. So I was playing LNOE last night. What else is new right ? lol

So I was Jake, I had a shot gun, gasoline, the welding torch and a first aid kit. I stood in the hospital and waited for the Zombie to come. I eventually had 3 Zombies in my space and 3 in adjecent spaces.

On my movement, i doused the space i was in with gasoline. For my ranged attack I shot and ignited the gasoiline, luckly my gun still has ammo. All the zombie in my space were immedialtely killed, the 3 zombies failed their rolls and were killed also. I used the first aid kit to heal and continued playing the game.

The Zombie player wanted to play Bitten on me. I told him since i did not kill a zombie in a fight, he could not play it ????

on my next turn i used the hospital pick up and drew the first aid kit, again, and headed back to the gas station

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
RE: Bitten Question
It'd have to be "in a fight". Gasoline kills don't count.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2011, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 10:00 PM by vikinglad.)
(12-07-2011 07:39 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi. So I was playing LNOE last night. What else is new right ? lol

So I was Jake...

I didn't know you played the heroes too! Just kidding. I think you were right too. Thematically, it makes no sense as well.
12-08-2011, 04:03 AM
From the card [Zombie Event] "Play this card on a Hero when they kill a Zombie in a fight."
The "in a fight" part is pretty clear, else you could be bitten by things you shoot. If the card wanted to be more powerful, it could have said "when they kill a zombie in the same space", or such, which I believe the grave weapon -Blood Spray does say, and makes some thematic sense for it.

But given the card's wording it cannot be used in the situation described.

Note that the card isn't a "Fight:" card, but is still bound to fights by its text. (But obviously doesn't interact with the "one fight card per fight" rule).
12-09-2011, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 10:33 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
So are Heroes never wounded by an exploding Gas Marker? I thought they were and also on a 3+ in an adjacent square?

Or is there a difference beween dousing a square and firing at a Gas Cannister (which is preasurised)?
12-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Heroes are wounded plenty enough by it. But it doesn't count for the "Bitten" card because Bitten only applies when the wound was caused during a fight. Ranged attacks/explosives are not fights.

PJ! Rereading I noticed a problem with your play. You were dead. You could not have survived with First Aid Kit. You would need to have PREVENTED a wound to stay alive from exploding gas. (The timing restriction on First Aid Kit doesn't matter here; you were dead and can't be healed from dead.)
12-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I am with mqstout here. First Aid kits won't get you thru an explosion.
Even if you allowed it to be a "fast" effect, First Aid only helps with Wounds markers on your character, not pending damage, and you cannot wait until the explosion damage becomes Wound markers, because at that stage you are dead, and it can't be used. There is no window when that damage can be First Aid-ed.
12-12-2011, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 05:20 PM by PJON.)
Ok, so question. ( ohhh Thank you for reading )

So, gas maker says immediately killed, fill all wound markers. I can use the First Aid any time, (except in a fight). Sort of like the Resilent and Ammo arrangement ? Immediately and Anytime.

Notes from Board Game Geek
Q. Can a Hero:

Move adjacent to another Hero
Use the First Aid Kit
... AND keep moving (assuming of course that you had more movement left)?
In other words, does using the First Aid Kit (or any similar item) end your movement or need to be done AFTER your movement?

A. It does not end your movement, the First Aid Kit can be used any time 'except during a Fight'.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3702540#3702540

Q. Can Heroes use First Aid Kits on themselves at any time?

A. ‘First Aid Kit’ CAN be used on the Hero who has it. You'll notice that Becky's healing ability may only be used on 'another' character in the same space.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1699929

Ok, so If Jake had 2 wounds at the start of his turn, he could have played Just a Scratch ? or is he still dead ?
(12-10-2011 11:31 AM)Zinthos Wrote:  I am with mqstout here. First Aid kits won't get you thru an explosion.
Even if you allowed it to be a "fast" effect, First Aid only helps with Wounds markers on your character, not pending damage, and you cannot wait until the explosion damage becomes Wound markers, because at that stage you are dead, and it can't be used. There is no window when that damage can be First Aid-ed.

I agree with that., ty

12-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Just a scratch, Jake'd still be alive -- he prevented the wound. Or the detective's ability, things like that.
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
So that is totally wicked, right. Surrounded by zombies, You can blow yourself up and walk out alive. Wicked Watchmen02 Watchmen02 Watchmen02 almost seems wrong