Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Searching the gun store and the flare gun questions
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM
RE: Searching the gun store and the flare gun questions
Yeah the way we were playing was basically making the guns indestructable. You'd fire, discard, and then pick it right back up again.

It wasn't being fired by more than one person, or one time per round, but it was basically impossible to lose it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
(01-11-2011 07:29 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Absolutely not. At least the way I always read it and based off other games. You can't fire a gun more than once, but that's to prevent having a revolver, shooting, tossing it to Billy. He shoots it, tosses it to Sally, etc. If it goes to the discard pile it should be treated as a new weapon.

Straight from the LNoE wiki
http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/in...%26_Errata

Re-using Item Cards
A single copy of a Hero Item card may NOT be used by more than one Hero in the same Turn (this includes Weapons).
For example, if a Hero uses a First Aid Kit to Fully Heal then discards it, another Hero in the Hospital cannot then use the building’s Pick Up: ability to retrieve the same copy of First Aid Kit and discard it to Fully Heal during the same turn.
01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Here's a question that follows:

Should the hero players then have a temporary discard pile each turn to note items that have been discarded and can't be used again that turn?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 10:23 PM by munkymuddface.)
(01-12-2011 06:41 PM)Criesto Wrote:  Re-using Item Cards
A single copy of a Hero Item card may NOT be used by more than one Hero in the same Turn (this includes Weapons).
For example, if a Hero uses a First Aid Kit to Fully Heal then discards it, another Hero in the Hospital cannot then use the building’s Pick Up: ability to retrieve the same copy of First Aid Kit and discard it to Fully Heal during the same turn.

This rule seems dumb. Once a card hits the discard pile it should shed any memory of previous use and be fair game to be picked up and used.
Being that that is not the case, I do have a question about pickup vs use. I understand that the same copy cannot be used, but does this rule prevent the pickup of said discarded item?
For example: Two characters holed up in the Police Station, one Pump Shotgun in the discard pile. First character picks up and shoots the gun, rolls for ammo and is unlucky and has to discard it. Is character two able to pickup the shotgun to be used next turn? Or do they have to wait until next turn to pick it up?
01-12-2011, 11:39 PM
(01-12-2011 10:23 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  I understand that the same copy cannot be used, but does this rule prevent the pickup of said discarded item?
For example: Two characters holed up in the Police Station, one Pump Shotgun in the discard pile. First character picks up and shoots the gun, rolls for ammo and is unlucky and has to discard it. Is character two able to pickup the shotgun to be used next turn? Or do they have to wait until next turn to pick it up?

Right, char 2 can immediately search for and acquire the gun, but must wait until the next turn to shoot it. It is weird to me that if I search and find something, its use depends on how long it was there before I found it, but I believe that iis how it is played. It feels like this was added later during play-testing to give balance, but that is just my own hunch.
01-13-2011, 12:11 AM
It's a playtest thing. Two things: (1) Some Pick Up: abilities became godly without the limit. (2) Exploitive players were discarding items (when they had a full item limit or whatever) simply so they could be picked up by allies across the board to "teleport" them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to house rule veto that. It makes very little sense.
01-13-2011, 08:25 PM
(01-13-2011 02:57 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to house rule veto that. It makes very little sense.

It keeps the game balanced though. Heroes can become very overpowered if they're smart enough to abuse that rule.
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Good thing my play group is... special? :P
01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
First of all great discussion.

Quote:It keeps the game balanced though. Heroes can become very overpowered if they're smart enough to abuse that rule.

I'm gonna have to brief my group, this abuse is coming just as soon as the ah-ha moment happens. They will figure out the "teleport" feature.

I think the logic makes sense, but will make game play a little wonky. They will get the single use of a unique item ruling in the Hero turn. But complain that the item doesn't forget its previous life once in the discard pile.

Extending logic: All item cards are unique, even where there are multiples like revolver/shotgun. Card graphics should be completely unique too. Red revolver vs. Blue revolver something like that. So it can be tracked easily during the game.

Man, I feel like the TSA or Homeland Security or something.