Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Season 3 of the Walking Dead
12-03-2012, 04:42 AM
Season 3 of the Walking Dead
They just showed the Mid season finale....have to wait till Feb. to watch the rest. OMG this show RULES.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 08:17 AM
RE: Season 3 of the Walking Dead
I hate these mid season breaks...wouldnt be nearly as bad if it wasnt almost 3 months. Like wait till after the 1st of the year, not till freakin february.
12-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Well it will be back on on Feb 10th, the day after my Birthday.....yay for me.
12-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Have you read the comics? You really should if you have not. It does not follow 100% with the show but its pretty close atleast you would know some characters as soon as they enter the show. The suspense wouldn't be as tough on your ticker if you had a guess at whats coming next...haha
12-04-2012, 07:20 AM
To be entirely honest, I think this show has been steadily declining since the end of the first season. The new characters are dull and lifeless. Michonne is just another cookie-cutter stoic badass in the vein of Miho from Sin City or Kill Bill. The governor was touted as one of the best fictional villains of all time, and after watching season three... I'm unimpressed. His motives are muddled and unclear, and his devotion to his walker-daughter is sympathetic rather than disturbing. I'll continue to watch, just to see if it gets any better.
12-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I hate these long mid-season breaks. They do always the same with Supernatural in german TV.
So I decided to record the whole season before watching.
And everyone who like the series should defenitly read the comics.
12-04-2012, 06:29 PM
In ways Im glad there is this mid-season break.
Too much going on for the Holidays anyway to watch TV Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2012, 02:28 AM
oh.. never too much going on to watch.

I pickl up every cheap zed flick I see at walmart. heck.. I'll even stump and pick up regular post apocylaptic stuff.. Watchmen02
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 07:46 PM by Atraangelis.)
The show ranked #2 behind MNF...

the numbers are in millions of viewers. Declining... no.. Eating the shit out of the competition.. yea...

-------------------------------
December 4th, 2012

ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football topped cable viewership for the week with 10.779 million viewers. The Walking Dead was the top cable scripted program (and number 2 overall) with 10.484 million viewers.
-
Rank Shows Net Day Time Viewers Live+SD (000)
1 NFL REGULAR SEASON L ESPN Mon 08:30P-11:36P 10779
2 Walking Dead AMC Sun 09:00P-10:01P 10484
3 NFL REGULAR SEASON GAME NFLN Thu 08:30P-11:39P 7066
4 SUNDAY MOVIE: HOW THE GRINCH STOLE XMAS FAM Sun 07:00P-09:30P 5473
5 DUCK DYNASTY A&E Wed 10:30P-11:01P 4926
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2012, 08:08 PM
The Walking Dead as a whole is fantastic. I have been reading the comics, watching the television series, and have read both novels Robert Kirkman wrote about The Governor. If you are interested, I would highly recommend reading both "The Rise of the Governor" and "The Road to Woodbury." These books supplement the background story behind the Governor, and David Morrissey, the actor who places The Governor actually stated in an interview that he read the novel to prepare for his role.

Maybe it is just me, but I sincerely appreciate how he is developing. He may not be the Governor from the comics that looks oddly like Danny Trejo, but he is still wonderful to watch. Can't wait for February!