Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Season of the Game?
09-07-2021, 12:04 PM
Season of the Game?
Every once in a while I get the idea I should bring some order to my Gaming-like a Calendar Maybe:

Fall- Lovecraft Mythos stuff/Horror
Winter-Various Fantasy
Spring-Miniature Battles
Summer-War Board Games

But then it all falls apart Zombie09

Right now I'd like to play 1 Game a month by getting in a turn a day which
would give me time to go over the rules.

Of course now my Summer War Game -Bayonets & Tomahawks- The
French & Indian War 1755-1759 (I'm at 1758) is bleeding into September.

Does anyone else have a Game schedule or am I alone in my madness?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2021, 02:14 AM
RE: Season of the Game?
I kind of follow a gaming calendar as well!
I dont have many games but it's something like this.
Fall - Horror (LNoE, Psycho Raiders)
Winter/Spring - Back to the Future Back in time
Spring/summer - Robinson Crusoe, Last Friday

I was happy to see I wasnt th only one to follow a calendar like playthrough of my games!
09-21-2021, 05:23 PM
I don't have a schedule for games but do get nostalgic for aToE every holiday season. The core game is very good in Autumn weather and the Christmas villains are great to play after Thanksgiving.

I also have Patchwork Christmas edition and would love a copy of Carcassonne Winter edition for the same reason.

I grew up doing puzzles and watching the same movies every year around the holidays, and would love to see that incorporated in my own family traditions. There's not a big hook for the rest of the year. I just tend to play whatever I'm in the mood for
09-22-2021, 04:30 PM
I find AToE or LNoE perfect for Halloween as they both have scenarios to suit. AtoE he as two Christmas scenarios. For the rest of the time, we just take turns who chooses the game in the group.
AToE, LNoE, Dead of Winter, Walking Dead: All out war, Gloomhaven, Warhammer Quest, Descent 1st ed.
Fury of Dracula, Settlers of Catan and our new game Arkham Horror (not played it yet but playing it this Saturday). Occasionally, me and a buddy play Age of Sigmar but always feel slightly disappointed after. Looking forward to the Old World returning...