Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Secret Delivery
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Secret Delivery
Has anyone else played FANG enough to get a feel for Secret Delivery? We felt this way early on, but it's reinforced as we play the game more.

More than anything else in the game, we really want to nerf Secret Delivery, making it only 1d3 instead of 1d6 gold upon completion. Too many games are decided by whoever gets a timely Secret Delivery (or someone who manages to get almost if not all of their gold through them instead of adventuring).

Any other recommendations for changes to Secret Deliveries?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: Secret Delivery
I can see what you are saying, however one of the most memorable gameplays I had was when my friends wife was at 14 fortune, and she had a secret delivery to London. She was bragging that she had the game in the bag, and had this smarmy little smile on her face.

When she reached London, she drew the city card "Shanghaied!", lost her turn, immediately went to shanghai and lost 3 fortune. We were laughing so hard that she banished my buddy to the couch for the night.

So while it is pretty heavily weighted, it can bring much and more enjoyment when your opponent draws a damning city card.
Find all posts by this user
01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: Secret Delivery
Of course the D6 is still a risk if you spend 2 or 3 Fortune flying to the named city.
Find all posts by this user