Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seeding the discard pile
10-12-2014, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 06:43 PM by Jeffx2.)
Seeding the discard pile
We were talking about the possibility of starting with a discard pile that contains one of each item that is available for special abilities of the buildings on the map. Some considerations:
  • How much of a advantage does this give the heroes? What do you think the DOT cost would be?
  • Should scenario search items be included if a building happens to allow for pulling those?
  • Just specific items ("Flare Gun") vs. generic ("Any gun").

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2014, 06:34 AM
RE: Seeding the discard pile
Interesting approach.
That it is like pulling from the Hero Deck, but limiting the amount you can take.

It's like 'Well Stocked Buildings' which has a Dot cost of 1 from Growing Hunger. So, I dunno about the Dot cost. You can still keep it as 1? The Zombie Player can only select 'Lights Out (X)' to counter it if you do 1 Random Building with Lights Out at start of the game. Or if you give the Hero Player a 2 Dot Special Rule along with it, and give the Zombie Player a 3 Dot Rule.
Find all posts by this user
10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Seeding the discard pile
It's something that would (slightly) reduce the randomness of the scenario as it plays. As such, I would discourage it. If you do go ahead with it, make sure there are NO limitations or, "these are shuffled back in" or "go until Flare is in the discard" or anything.

ALSO! Remember Flare Gun is not a gun; it's just an item. Those with anti-gun restrictions can still use it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user