Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Separate forum section for Timber Peak?
11-03-2012, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 10:31 AM by scarydk.)
Question Separate forum section for Timber Peak?
Yeah I know Timber Peak is an expansion for LNoE but from what I hear it's also sort of stand alone like IfOS. So would it make more sense if it had its own forum section? If the rumours of Blood in the forest are true (an expansion for Timber Peak) we'll perhaps start to see expansions that require Timber Peak and not LNoE.

Also, some talk about keeping the two separate, perhaps it makes sense to keep them separate in here as well? What do you guys think?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Separate forum section for Timber Peak?
Good thing to ask. Myself, though, I don't see a reason to split. They're still the same rule set. (The only difference is the ZH/respawning rule, which most people accidentally or purposefully used in their play anyway.) The rules questions will be the same, though scenario/bit/card-specific. Mods for one will just as easily work for the other.

It's not unheard of for various games that receive lots of expansions for some occasionally to be released as "stand alone expansions". (Examples: every expansion/release of Ascension is itself a stand-alone expansion that can be played 1v1 alone or combined with others to scale up to XvX; Dominion has had a couple "stand alone" base sets with various expansions, and there are plenty of others). No one would question them being "the same game".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Not personally a fan of splitting them up. The games and characters are too intertwined for me.
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2012, 03:04 AM
It would just be one more place to keep track of I like them together. I could see maybe a separate sub section of general discussion but I see the rules section needing to stay together.
11-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I gotta say I'm not a fan of the split. Although TP can be used as a stand alone game. It's still belongs to the original LNoE mechanics (apart from the few changes mentioned).