Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Session report - Hold The Line!
12-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Session report - Hold The Line!
We played this for the first time last night - and it was brutal for the Heroes. It seemed that the 6 card hand size and +1 movement for Zombies was very overwhelming. With very limited opportunity to search (and most of the good pickup items on the wrong end of the board), and the zombies moving so fast the Heroes had to resort to making themselves magnets if you will to hold the Zeds up as much as possible. The problem then was a matter of attrition. With the sun track on 6 (starting 12) the third Hero was killed.

I played the Zombies and I have to say it was not all that enjoyable - it felt kind of like beating a 5-year-old at chess or something along those lines. I had no lack of cards, a couple of nasty remains in play cards, and all the movement I needed. The Heroes on the other hand were card-starved and naturally found it difficult to kill with just two dice. They did do a good job preventing me from getting even one zombie off the edge of the board but like I said it was a matter of attrition.

When we play again we will be tweaking it to make it more enjoyably for both sides.

Anyone else play it yet? What did you experience?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Session report - Hold The Line!
Thanks for the report I am waiting to see the scenario card text before ordering to make sure it would fit my groups play style.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply