Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Session report - The Volgovian Nutcracker
12-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Session report - The Volgovian Nutcracker
We played the Volgovian Nutcracker last night - in honor of the Christmas spirit. I sent an invitation out to my group proclaiming how it was our duty as stalwarts of the community to come to the rescue of Shadowbrook and put the VN in his place - or else Christmas would be lost for ages to the forces of Evil. It was well received. Watchmen02

We played with 5 Heroes in a co-op and we had a blast. This guys is a very fun Villain to play. His Caravan drops investigation all over the place, as well as Murder!, so we were swimming it in. The only trouble is if you fail a pickup check they explode on you. That happened a few times and was a blast! We did a very good job keeping the Toy Cannons at bay and off the Corner Decks. One of the first things we did was buff up our Cunning so we had at least 4 in order to thwart his Clockwork Creation ability. Then we dispersed to track down vaious minions.

I like that the Toy Soldiers march at you on the Mystery Phase. It makes it very dynamic.

We played with all the advanced rules (only way to play IMHO). It took us two Showdowns and with the Shadow Track on three we finally got him. Christmas was saved for all!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: Session report - The Volgovian Nutcracker
And to all a good night! Zombie17

Sounds like a great session & sets the mood for the season nicely. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
12-15-2013, 08:22 PM
I'll be playing this Villian with my group next Friday.
12-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Cool! Hope to hear a report.

12-16-2013, 04:45 PM
As the players are new to ATOE I'll use the advanced rules, basic Mystery Phase and Something Wicked.
12-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Forgot to mention that we also used Something Wicked.

Our final Showdown was at the Covered Bridge.

12-17-2013, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 12:32 AM by ForestRunner.)
I downloaded this Villain in 2009 around Christmas time... even took the time to get the additional counters/tokens (minions etc) put on card... and I've never actually played it!! Duh!! Zombie04

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-18-2013, 07:52 PM
I've played against the nutcracker a couple of times (always co-op), and have always enjoyed it.