Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shadows Over Camelot
05-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Shadows Over Camelot
Since I understand tha lots of people here like Coop games, this one,though not horror themed, is probably the best one i tried
all players are knights of the round table and try to save Camelot, there are 6 quest that run silmutaneously on the game(Holy Grail,Excalibur,Lancelot,Saxons,Picts and the Black Knight), along with a 7th one tha replaces the excalibur(the Dragon) and a number of catapults that try to siege camelot and the heroes try to defend and overcome all these, its almost impossible to win them all but you wont lose if some of them are lost. Every time a quest ends black or white swords stack on the round table,depending on the outcome, the players want the white ones.
Every player gets a role of a known Knight along with his special ability and cooperation is the key to victory, but you cannot speak open to others about your cards because that would made it easy.
Add to that the traitor effect(one,or two with the expansions, of the knight MAY or may not be traitors) and you get an ultra high difficulty coop board game.
I was really afraid of the replay value but along the expansion and some variants it really plays well for a long time

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15062...er-camelot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Shadows Over Camelot
Hi, Im not a fan of coop games, but My friends like this game too.

I only like it when im the traitor Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
06-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Heard nothing but good things about this one.. Bidding on it currently as it's had to find new. Fingers crossed!
06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
(06-07-2012 03:14 AM)Druff Wrote:  Heard nothing but good things about this one.. Bidding on it currently as it's had to find new. Fingers crossed!

I cross my chewed up zombie toes too. I'm not a general fan of the knightish fantasy genre but it sounds like it has an interesting mechanic. And do let us no what you think of it if you acquire it. I take game recommendations more seriously from LNoE players than the average zombie fodder Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2012, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 03:33 AM by Druff.)
(06-07-2012 08:20 AM)scarydk Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 03:14 AM)Druff Wrote:  Heard nothing but good things about this one.. Bidding on it currently as it's had to find new. Fingers crossed!

I cross my chewed up zombie toes too. I'm not a general fan of the knightish fantasy genre but it sounds like it has an interesting mechanic. And do let us no what you think of it if you acquire it. I take game recommendations more seriously from LNoE players than the average zombie fodder Watchmen02

Just picked it up - Got it for $80 second hand but it's in brand new condition. Haven't managed to play it yet but it has quite high production value on first inspection. The artwork is good (Not quite up to FF production standard). I cant wait to get a group together. The traitor element looks like a whole lot of evil fun!
06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
My game froup played it over the weekend. There were a couple of newbies there. Some one suggested playing with out the traitor, most people laughed at the idea. In the end, the sieze weapons destroyed Camelot, the traitor had won Watchmen02

Do you like Water Deep ?

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05