Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the Adventure Book for?
10-25-2013, 05:41 PM
What is the Adventure Book for?
I'm hoping the answer to the adventure book question will answer my deeper question:

I'm wondering how the campaign/buff up your character will work with a mission order that doesn't appear to matter. The description mentioned that you can roll a dice or choose a mission. Doesn't that mean the missions are of the same difficulty? If so, won't missions become easier as the game progresses?

Seems like in games that advance your character, the order of missions matters. Descent seems to have an order to the missions and so does Pathfinder Card Game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: What is the Adventure Book for?
My guess is to imagine the adventure book like a campaign or scenario book in role playing games. It helps set up the story/objective and gives you some background detail on the mission and some setting info.
10-25-2013, 07:21 PM
I've interpreted SoB as a game of a series of pre-written scenarios, similar to Mansions of Madness or Mice and Mystics.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2013, 12:16 AM
(10-25-2013 07:21 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I've interpreted SoB as a game of a series of pre-written scenarios, similar to Mansions of Madness or Mice and Mystics.

Yeah same you play through the chapters or scenarios like mice and mystics and it tells you how to set up the board and what the mission objective is.
11-25-2013, 09:48 AM
(10-26-2013 12:16 AM)alderdust Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 07:21 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I've interpreted SoB as a game of a series of pre-written scenarios, similar to Mansions of Madness or Mice and Mystics.

Yeah same you play through the chapters or scenarios like mice and mystics and it tells you how to set up the board and what the mission objective is.

I expect it to work like the scenarios in Warhammer Quest. You pick or randomly determine the mission. That tells you the plot, what you need to achieve and any modifications to normal game play (Eg more monsters in the objective room).
During play monsters are drawn via cards, then depending on the level of the players, you will have more of each monster, harder monsters, or both!
The actual missions are unlikely to specify exactly which monsters are used but may guide players on theme (eg mostly Tredarian monsters)
11-25-2013, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 12:03 PM by Old Dwarf.)
asurin-Welcome to TZG.

The Adventure Book-well we'll have to see but I believe FFP is promising a LOT of background material
an the SoB world. From FFP description & Comments on the KS it sounds like asurin has the right of it.

You can custom create your Mission by the Cards you put in the Decks. As your Hero levels up so do
the monsters.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: