Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shipping has Started!
10-21-2014, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 11:36 PM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Shipping has Started!
(10-20-2014 07:50 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Trust me, I don't blame anybody for being frustrated. I'd be right there too if I hadn't received my package already. I mean, don't get me wrong, I fully understand it must be a crazy huge amount of work getting all of this stuff together. These sort of delays are probably to be expected.

Still, knowing that doesn't make waiting any easier.

I actually accept delays. It's part of every day life with any service or product you buy, pre-order, etc. It's just the way of the world today, where nearly everybody has their fingers in too many pies.

What I find the aggravation about delays is non-communication, and being left in limbo. It's poor customer service which is representative of a care factor - or lack thereof.

If I'm aware what's going on... I'm actually cool with it. If any entity or corporation is going to take my money in an instant... at the click of a mouse button, then I've an expectation to be kept informed of any deviation to the contract/purchase/order/timeframe/etc AFTER I've purchased/signed up. I don't believe I'm being unreasonable.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2014, 01:28 PM
I just got my shipping notice!!! For a game I kickstarted 2 months after Shadows.... *SIGH*

I'm going to have a busy next few weeks though so I think I'll be okay. Yes, I'm making excuses to myself as to why I don't need to play Shadows of Brimstone sooner rather than later. If I don't I might flip my table.
10-22-2014, 03:35 PM
(10-21-2014 11:33 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  I actually accept delays. It's part of every day life with any service or product you buy, pre-order, etc. It's just the way of the world today, where nearly everybody has their fingers in too many pies.

What I find the aggravation about delays is non-communication, and being left in limbo. It's poor customer service which is representative of a care factor - or lack thereof.

If I'm aware what's going on... I'm actually cool with it. If any entity or corporation is going to take my money in an instant... at the click of a mouse button, then I've an expectation to be kept informed of any deviation to the contract/purchase/order/timeframe/etc AFTER I've purchased/signed up. I don't believe I'm being unreasonable.

I'm sure FFP is busy, but everything you said above is really the meat of the problem for me at this point. If I had some kind of insight as to why I haven't gotten a shipping notice, or how despite backing early, receiving the pledge manager quickly, and finishing it within 24 hours I still haven't gotten the game when others who did all of that later than I, have received the game, I might feel better about things.

Anyway, the game will come. I'm just venting more than complaining.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Yeah, regarding Venting I'm the same way. I can forgive the Frog a lot, and ultimately I'm really happy they made this game regardless of how long it takes to get here. It's just the anticipation of something I want so bad that makes me Gripe. Watchmen02
10-22-2014, 05:44 PM
It really sucks that I didn't get my Game in time for my birthday (or a Shipping Notice)
The weather today is crappy & it would have been perfect to do assembly/painting.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-23-2014, 11:57 AM
7..I repeat 7 e-mails waiting for me this AM & NOTHING from FFP.
Not that I'm anxious mind you.

OD

10-23-2014, 11:47 PM
OMG I GOT THE SHIPPING NOTICE!!!!!! Oct 30th.

OD

10-23-2014, 11:56 PM
(10-23-2014 11:47 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  OMG I GOT THE SHIPPING NOTICE!!!!!! Oct 30th.

OD

Congrats!

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2014, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 04:12 PM by StayPuft.)
(10-22-2014 03:35 PM)Odie Wrote:  
(10-21-2014 11:33 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  I actually accept delays. It's part of every day life with any service or product you buy, pre-order, etc. It's just the way of the world today, where nearly everybody has their fingers in too many pies.

I'm sure FFP is busy, but everything you said above is really the meat of the problem for me at this point. If I had some kind of insight as to why I haven't gotten a shipping notice, or how despite backing early, receiving the pledge manager quickly, and finishing it within 24 hours I still haven't gotten the game when others who did all of that later than I, have received the game, I might feel better about things.

Anyway, the game will come. I'm just venting more than complaining.

Yeah, I think this all illustrates my point exactly. I definitely think it is reasonable to expect delays in a situation like this. Hence, I don't think anybody should be thinking "F Flying Frog! I hate them! They suck!" Yadda yadda yadda. Personally, Flying Frog can basically do no wrong in my eyes.

But, I do think venting is okay. I mean, frankly, whether or not the delays are understandable, it is still frustrating. Heck, it should be a testament to how awesome Flying Frog is that it is so frustrating. It's only so frustrating because we SO BADLY want the game.

So, again, I think a little healthy venting is understandable. I feel the same way now that I have my copy and am having some level of frustration with the construction of the miniatures.

I understand why they went the route of having them in pieces. Making them that way allowed them to be so much more detailed than if they had to be all in one piece. So, once I get them all put together I will LOVE that.... especially when I go to start painting them. It doesn't change the fact that it is frustrating having to do it (especially since I've never really constructed minis before). It doesn't change the fact that it is frustrating that they didn't tell us this right off the bat. I'm sure there are some people who don't know how to and/or don't even want to construct all those miniatures.

At the end of the day, though, Flying Frog Productions still rocks the freaking casbah. Once we all have our games in hand, constructed, and painted if we so desire, it will all be love and candy canes again. It's just hard to wait because we are all so excited.
10-25-2014, 11:52 AM
so, who has it and who is still waiting here?