Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shipping has Started!
09-24-2014, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2014 11:46 AM by Old Dwarf.)
Shipping has Started!
FFP Update #43 (well for N.America at least) the EU will need
to wait until later in October but they do get an Essen Pick Up.

No word on the Shipping Process as to will it by Region or
simply by the date of when the PM was completed. Alas
I had no e-mail from the Frog that mine shipped(I trust
they are sending Notices out)They did say getting all
the Games shipped will take a couple of months.

They did note that shipping was delayed because they
got a lot of request to reopen locked PM so backers
could change their orders.

The PM close date will be Oct.5 at 11:59PM

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: Shipping has Started!
I already did my pickup during the Seattle event, but I did end up getting a paint set in the PM. I'm idly curious as to that will get mailed to me...
09-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Well I've waited this long... Sigh.
09-26-2014, 01:57 AM
On BGG a poster has received a UPS shipping notice & he lives in N. California .
So if there starting on the Left Coast I'm in for a long wait.

OD

09-26-2014, 07:27 PM
I sort of have mixed feelings. Originally they were supposed to begin shipping in August. That was long enough. The updates were few and far between in the time while waiting, yet they always seemed to say they were pretty much on schedule. Then August rolls around and they don't say much. Here it is late September and they are finally beginning to ship...... but it will take a couple months before they all ship, meaning some of us will literally be waiting another two months.

And even after that, we'll have to wait another year to get all the extra stuff.

At the same time, though, I know it does take a lot to put together a game like this. In the grand scheme of things, these delays are certainly very minor. And, it is frankly actually probably better to get mostly the base stuff now and then get all the extras later.

So, I can't complain too much. Really, it's just because I am SO DAMN excited to get my hands on my copy! LOL! That's really the only reason it is so hard to wait, and why even a minor delay is agonizing.
09-26-2014, 09:28 PM
With all the painting I will have to do soon. With SoB, Robotech and Bones II... I'm OK with a delay.
In addition, getting to know the base game and then getting all the extra stuff is a good thing too.

Speaking of delays... Be glad it isn't as bad as Robotech Tachtics.
09-26-2014, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 03:24 PM by Old Dwarf.)
SP-I know the feeling I check my e-mail several times a day.The year wait for the
rest of the goodies does suck & at my age there is always the possibility it could
end up in my Estate.

SK-I'm with you I already have a huge backlog of figs to paint plus Cthulhu Wars is also
going to hit me with a lot of figs about the same time as SoB. At least the Cthulhu Wars
figs are mostly ones that are quick to paint up (The Old Ones were not big on Clothes).

But I'm holding off any painting until I get SoB as I'm moving that to the top of my List.

OD

09-29-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm assuming that since I can still change my address, I ain't shipping yet.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-29-2014, 04:25 PM
I definitely agree as far as the whole painting thing. It will certainly be enough to paint just with the base game, so even if just for that reason, it will be nice to get the other stuff later. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to paint it now as well.

Not to mention the fact that we have to assemble stuff. I am very much not looking forward to that. I've never done that all that much. (I've glued some special metal miniatures to their bases, that is basically it.) I have never been a huge fan of having to do that. But, I have no choice this time around. But... heck, at least it will be an excuse to practice and get better at doing it.
09-30-2014, 12:38 AM
I very nearly sold my pledge, but if I decide I can't handle it, a Warhammer player at my local comic shop said he would assemble them for me.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user