Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Showdown Board
11-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Showdown Board
Hey, all...

I always like to jazz up the Showdown, so I finally had an hour to create a Showdown Board. I sent it over to the Downloads section to be approved, but here is the story of it.

The board is a single sheet (normal sized paper) 'board' to print. You should print on parchment type paper for best effect.

It looks like a generic piece of ground with some ruined stone structure (manor/keep/mausoleum/bridge/windmill/monestary, etc...)to one end of a marsh/field/wooded area. There is a holding spot for a Villain card in the stonework area and a spot for the Lair card in the other end.

When the Showdown occurs, place the villain token (or mini if you have it) on the stonework along with the tokens for any evil elders and allies. Place any Elder cards and such on either side of the Villain Card. Then place any '+#' WOund tokens on the Villains picture with any '+1' fight tokens (the ones usually used by heroes) to account for any combat bonuses.

Then place the Hero(es) minis in the field anywhere that looks cool. Place the Hunting Party near the heroes as required (one per hero) using the Elder tokens.

There ya have it.

I'll link to the jpg when it is approved.

11-21-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: Showdown Board
That sounds really awesome! I love the texture of it. That would really make me strive in earnest to find mini's for the Villains and Elders. It will create great photo ops!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Here's the JPG.... the file will (hopefully) be in the downloads section for keeps (no pun intended)

Print out on resume style parchment paper for best effect

[Image: showdown2.jpg]

11-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh very nice. Very nice indeed, sir. I have to admit I'm excited about this one and am going to have to hunt down a high quality printer to print this out on for keeps.
11-22-2014, 12:09 AM
Don't need a high quality printer... I used just the old one I have at home!

[Image: ad.jpg]

11-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Very cool little bit of extra flair. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-22-2014, 04:38 AM
Love it!
11-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Excellent!
11-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Nice-I love to Pimp up my favorite Games.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Funny thing.... played ATOE this weekend. Fun game ... couldn't wait to try out the board. And we even won (barely).

But we had the showdown against the Sunken Seven of 'The Coast'....and it was (nicely enough) out on the Icy Waters. HA! Not a lot of fields and stone structures out there... Ah, well!