Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Simple Question ( ? ): Is Diagonal Adjacent?
07-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Simple Question ( ? ): Is Diagonal Adjacent?
With zombie movement - specifically when a zombie follows a hero into an 'adjacent' space because of 'the hunger' - do they follow diagonally, as well?

What I mean is, do 'adjacent' spaces count as the the diagonal spaces around the space in question?

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2009, 10:57 AM
RE: Simple Question ( ? ): Is Diagonal Adjacent?
Yep, that's correct.
07-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Thank you, Ryuk. (However, in another thread, we all agreed that the Fence Post shouldn't... Though we more came to the conclusion that Fence Post just shouldn't exist.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Ryuk Wrote:And if I might add...

Adjacent spaces also include those on the other side of a wall.

'First Aid Kit' may be used through a wall.
'Fence Post' may be used through a wall.
Walls do not block explosions from Gas Markers.
'Fire Extinguisher' may be used through a wall.
Etc... (There is always assumed to be a window in a wall, to stick one's arm through to hand off the 'First Aid Kit, poke one's 'Fence Post' through, and so on..,)

My group plays that walls break adjacency for anything other than zombie hunger...is this addressed in the FAQs?
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Ryuk Wrote:
twopiearr Wrote:is this addressed in the FAQs?

Though I am loath to direct anyone to BGG...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/307454

Seventh post down, from the Man himself.

nothing wrong with BGG - just don't get involved in the site politics and it's a useful resource. Zombie03
07-21-2009, 04:30 AM
twopiearr Wrote:
Ryuk Wrote:
twopiearr Wrote:is this addressed in the FAQs?

Though I am loath to direct anyone to BGG...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/307454

Seventh post down, from the Man himself.

nothing wrong with BGG - just don't get involved in the site politics and it's a useful resource. Zombie03

This.

I use BGG for information and downloads, don't mess with the rest. Useful resource.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Ryuk Wrote:A wise man once said, "It's an ugly, messy, cesspool.".... or something like that.
You sure you're not going for "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany"? Zombie03
Quote:BGG is mostly just worthless members 'lists' of nothing. (At least that's all I see.)
It hosts free file downloads that are direct linkable, and it has minutae obsessives who frequently make better rules summaries than the companies that publish the rules. I think I've made 10 discussion posts in my life on that site, and most of those were to drive traffic to links or downloads I had posted. Zombie03
Quote:But since twopiearr wanted to see some proof that they been playing incredibly in violation of the rules.... I had no choice. (I know people make house rules, but wow...Sorry, I'm a 'rules purist'.)
Sir, you put words into my mouth. Zombie03 My group wasn't aware that there was an official ruling so we had muddled through a question that arose as best we could...I was simply inquiring if anyone knew the rule offhand as I was at work at the time and wasn't really able to tunnel through official filings.

Thanks for the reference, btw!
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Ryuk Wrote:
twopiearr Wrote:My group plays that walls break adjacency for anything other than zombie hunger.

Sorry 'bout that. Took it as a house rule.

To the extent that the one time it came up we didn't find the printed rules clear and that's how we interpreted it. Less a conscious decision than how it worked out.
07-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks again, my friends, my friends.

This helps a good deal. The debate on this one almost ruined my first 'Defend the Manor House' game,... until the next turn did and it was overrun with zombies.

Yeesh.

What a dastardly beast she is, this game!

Cheers!
Brandon