Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Simplifying the Rules
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Simplifying the Rules
I have a 6 year old son and we game together. He enjoys and understands Heroscape, Forbidden Island, Heroquest. He keeps asking to try LNOE. I dont have a problem with the theme but was wondering if you guys had ideas on how to teach it simplified to him. Thanks and Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:57 PM
RE: Simplifying the Rules
Try the non-Advanced game as described in the manual. Most of the complexity comes from the cards/reading.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Best thing to do, I guess is to explain the rules then play through step by step.
I've run demos of this game at comic book shops and found that is the best way to teach anyone.
03-08-2011, 02:19 AM
I played this with non-English speaking people, which is quite the same as having to explain what's written on the card to you non-reading or not-so-complex reading son. There's unfortunately no way to play this without a sheer amount of reading, so you'd need to have another person with him to explain the card to him the first time.
If you play with the basic game first, and then add more complexity as you play, the cards become easy to remember, and if not, looking at the numbers on it help a lot to remember what they are. If he's able to play all of the games you mentioned, this should work quite well Watchmen02.

Good luck!

*Braaaiiiinnnnns......*
03-08-2011, 09:47 PM
These are all good ideas. I'm hoping to play with him this up coming sunday so i will report back how it goes.