Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slaughterville
06-30-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: Slaughterville
(06-28-2015 01:51 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Damn 1 day after I Pledge the price drops! OK I could just cancel & reorder but that's too much
effort for $5. Besides gotta keep things moving towards those Stretch Goals.

OD

That's the spirit!Insane20

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Interesting Campaign, I've only backed a few KS but usually you get a big jump the first
couple of days then a stagnant period (although D-Z- just kept going up) then a final surge.

Slaughterville had it's big jump then a slow growth & even small losses a couple of times.
Yesterday we got over $27,000 only to fall back into the $26,000's & this AM we're just below
$27,000 again. Usually when a Project starts to lose backers it takes a big nosedive but
Slaughterville just absorbs the loss & comes back.

Also when a Project takes losses there is a reason but I don't see any reason we're still projected
to meet all the announced Stretch Goals (personally I just want the Prison, Sherlock really
doesn't fit in for me & as for Zombies we have District-Z- but hey I hope we blow right past the
Stretch Goals, it was a lot of fun to see Sarku try to keep up with District-Z .)

I see Brandi Bare is back which I still can't figure out why Cartoon Characters are included in
an otherwise realistic artwork style Game but that's just me .

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-02-2015, 06:24 AM
This is only my 3rd KS, but the trend here seems to be not unlike my 1st ("Camp Grizzly")

I see your point on some of the goals after the Prison (although I'm looking forward to them. Holmes sounds interesting.)

What I'm really looking forward to is seeing what ELSE they've got in store. If the projections hold, we should pass right by all current goals. So I'd love to see what other goodies are in store. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-02-2015, 08:24 AM
I'm in! Just backed it :-)
07-02-2015, 12:43 PM
(07-02-2015 08:24 AM)jeffd1830 Wrote:  I'm in! Just backed it :-)

OK- we're just $200 & change from The Prison, The Campaign
got to within $188 of that Level then fell back a bit it still
strikes me a little odd why it does this.

Sarku is doing another "Sale" so some backers might cancel
& reup at the sale price but I don't think this explains the
little up & then spurts this Campaign does.

In any case Slaughterville has more updates than any KS I've
been involved with they keep my SPAM box filled Watchmen02

Oh while we're on the subject "Pawns" yes pawns they suck Zombie23
I know they keep the price down but they really don't do much
for game emersion. I'm going to use some of my Arkham Horror figs
for the playing pieces.

OD

07-03-2015, 02:44 AM
(07-02-2015 08:24 AM)jeffd1830 Wrote:  I'm in! Just backed it :-)

Awesome! Welcome aboard!

In addition to the sale being back on tonight, AND the "District-Z" Deluxe add on, here's another good reason to back: two more stretch goals added after the zombie horde: Jack the Ripper Villain & a Slasher Villain. Watchmen02

07-03-2015, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 06:32 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Damn-another day & the Prison SG remains just out of reach it gets close & then backs off which
as I previously noted just seems to be a weird feature of this Campaign. We actually lost backers
over the last 2 days. Nothing too drastic but enough to stop any forward progress.

The new SG & Sale so far haven't produced any surge so the Campaign may have run it's course
unless we get a big boost at the end. Perhaps the Prison SG should be declared met at $28,000 &
the Summer Camp /cabins/slasher made the next SG ( it seems the most popular). This might
get us off Square 1 but again this is just me.

OD

PS checked at noon-$28,550 we made it but no additional backers. The Campaign just added a new Villain
as a $10 add on & for $65 the fancy dice so it looks like existing backers just up their pledges.

The ad on Dream Demon is cool I wonder if he was a scheduled SG that was made an add on to break
loose some more $.

07-04-2015, 03:16 AM
We have another 24-hours to go in the Early Bird sale and 11 days left in the campaign! This is plenty of time to get a few more stretch goals! I know that we can do it!

SLAUGHTERVILLE!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2015, 09:58 PM
We're up to over $30,000 the gain seems to be from existing backers going for the deluxe
to get the Dream Demon Villain. The # of backers has only increased by around 5or 6 but
at least those pesky drop outs have stopped.

OD

07-06-2015, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 02:28 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Another morning & Slaughterville continues it's slow creep towards the Zombie Horde SG
($220 to go) . I'm pleased with what I'll be getting so far but I think the Campaign has about
topped out (the Dream Demon can only go so far) ,frankly the unveiled SG coming up are
a little underwhelming. The Cabins Location & Slasher Villain are of course cool but I'm not
sure we'll make them, the $ between the coming SG seem a bit ambitious given the history
of the Campaign so far.

Jack the Ripper is the next SG & I don't think he's a strong lead in , why Slaughterville which
seems to be set in a mid-west small town in a modern time period would get Jack or Sherlock
from Victorian England escapes me (there is Fluff to explain this but it's unconvincing IMO ).

I'd like to see some more Villains based on more modern myths like Slenderman & Mothman, or
even Candy Man ( I'm sure that one would have IP issues) but that's just me.

OD

PS checked back to the Campaign to see if we made the Zombie Horde yet or at least getting closer.
Instead a backer left & we're back to needing $500 for the Horde. Crazy ride Slaughterville is giving us.