Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slaughterville
07-07-2015, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 12:28 PM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: Slaughterville
Another Morning as this Campaign enters it's second day still
a little less than $200 of the next SG. That SG will probably
not be the Zombie Horde, as the Creators have placed the
next SG's Locations & Villains up for a vote.

The Horde is running dead last( excuse the pun) among the
Villains with Sleepy Hollow (yes Headless Horseman one) & Jack
the Ripper are leading the pack( sometimes democracy sucks).
The Slasher is a close 3rd so we might have the Cabin Location
but no Slasher Villain which makes no sense or as much sense
as a Colonial & a Victorian Villain in a modern US small town.

I'm pleased with the Locations the two top vote getters are
The Antique Store & The Cabins the other two The Mall & the
School are way behind.

The Slenderman idea was explored but has IP issues which
is a shame as I think he would have really generated pledges.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 06:49 AM
Indeed. Pretty much agree with all of the above. It been frustrating to see the pledge level stall out when it's been going nice & steady up until now.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-08-2015, 12:49 PM
This Morning (as of 7AM) we were still below $35,500 at $35,283 I posted a comment &
when I refreshed the Campaign had lost $25. This is just weird , we gain a bit & then lose
some & so on..........

The vote tally on which new SG are due today but I really don't think it will matter as
we can't even reach the current SG after several days of trying.

Christopher has indicated they will be putting in other material to have a big final week
which is badly needed if the Campaign is to progress beyond the current level.

I wish they would drop the Antique Shop & Cabins into the Deluxe Level, these were
Locations offered in the first Slaughterville KS so they must be finished. I would
even probably go for them as add-ons.

It's easy to be disappointed with this Campaign as it seems to have lost it's mojo but
really it's made nearly 2 times it's Goal & if we get nothing else we'll still have a cool
Game to look forward to.

OD

07-08-2015, 02:17 PM
It would be great to just drop MORE into the game, but that costs money. We have a ton of the content done already, but without additional funds to print it. It's going to have to wait. Too many people voiced their disapproval at paying for more content, so we're not going in that direction. Backers have been polar opposites during this campaign and while we've tried to appease everyone, we cannot. Slaughterville is completely funded and it's a fantastic game. You're going to get it. I for one am looking to the finished product and it's going to be quite cool. I can't wait.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2015, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 04:13 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Damn Economics! Yes Slaughterville w/o any other SG looks to be a great Game I will be hard
to wait till Feb. I really like that each Villain is unique & comes with it's own specific cards.

OD

PS just checked on the Campaign again we came up & now we came down it looks like 1 backer
may just be jerking us around. Maybe that explains the weirdness of our Yo-yo pledges otherwise
there isn't any logical reason for the up & downs.

07-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Well the Campaign got another update & we'll see if it moves the pledges forward.
They took something I suggested a few post ago & declared the next SG met at $31,000.

The Zombie Horde that was last in the voting nevertheless was made the $31,000 SG
& the pledge amount between the new SG was shortened. The next up is a Headless Horseman villain.

The Antique Shop Location polled well but didn't make it but the Cabin did & they combined it with
the Slasher which was a good move.

OD

07-09-2015, 04:40 AM
So our next Stretch Goal is $33,000? If you guys think it's worthwhile, I'll add $20 to my pledge to get my copy of District Z. Dunno if that helps :-) Is there any chance of hitting the next goal? It's a bummer that Ichabod Crane and Sleepy Hollow is next when The Slasher and the Cabin seem to fit the theme so much more in my opinion...

What's District Z like? :-)
07-09-2015, 06:19 AM
I'm pleased A) we finally made it past $31,500, & B) on a nice job restructuring the goals & rewards. Watchmen02

Good move rolling the Cabins & Slasher together. Really hoping we hit those for sure.

There are so many good ideas being floated, I'm not even sure WHAT else I'd like to see!

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-09-2015, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 10:38 AM by Old Dwarf.)
(07-09-2015 04:40 AM)jeffd1830 Wrote:  So our next Stretch Goal is $33,000? If you guys think it's worthwhile, I'll add $20 to my pledge to get my copy of District Z. Dunno if that helps :-) Is there any chance of hitting the next goal? It's a bummer that Ichabod Crane and Sleepy Hollow is next when The Slasher and the Cabin seem to fit the theme so much more in my opinion...

What's District Z like? :-)

jeff- D-Z is terrific well worth the pledge up.

You can check it out at http://www.district-z.com/forums/

Agree about Ichabod Crane I've never felt that "period"
stuff from Victorian or Colonial times fit into Slaughterville.

I'm hoping if we make Sleepy Hollow I can just ignore Ichabod
& the rest of Villain Cards will fit into the Slaughterville timeframe.

OD

07-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Yeah agreed a LITTLE on "period" stuff, but without knowing the details, I'm not too worried about it. Maybe it's a descendant named after his famous ancestor? And that's the reason the Horseman returns?