Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slight imbalance without Hero Replenish.
08-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Slight imbalance without Hero Replenish.
I never really thought of this until just recently. However, without Hero Replenish, there could be a slight imbalance in the game. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. I don't think I could ever find anything to actually complain about with this game. LOL!

Anyway, the rule is that you get a new hero any time your hero would become a zombie hero, meaning if he/she is killed during the black zone, if they are your last hero, or if one of the appropriate cards turns them into one.

So, you can imagine if what this means if you happen to play a one on one game. The hero player could possibly wind up with three dead heroes, and thereby be stuck playing with only one hero.

However, if you play a 5 or 6 person game, you have 4 hero players each with one hero, so they would always get a new hero. Even if you play a game with 2 hero players, they at least only need two of their heroes to die before they get another. So, you can kind of see this creates a little bit of an inbalance between whether you are playing a game with only one hero player, and when you are playing with 2 or 4.

Again, not really a complaint on my part. Just an observation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2012, 08:36 PM
RE: Slight imbalance without Hero Replenish.
The "imbalance" is meant to counteract a better ability to 'strategize' and coordinate all the heroes together into a unified action plan, unlike different heroes with different players who might not work together as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Strange that you mention this. Upon looking through Timber Peak's rule booklet. "Heroes Replenish & Always Zombie Heroes" are considered in effect for all scenarios in the expansion. (Something about increasing action(bloodshed) and keeping both sides up powerful/balanced) I guess too many people sac'd their Billy's and Jenny's purposefully trying to grab a better hero like Sheriff Anderson, Father Joseph or Becky? Seems legit to me.

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
08-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Sounds good to me that it's standard in Timber Peak, I always prefer Replenish and Always Zombie Heroes for my games.
08-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Yeah, as mqstout mentioned it is to counteract possibilities of better planning herowise. However, I can pinpoint almost any card the heroes are "secretly" talking about, so in my mind, the more heroes the more info I have Watchmen02

Not nice, but useful... I also prefer Always Zeds and Would-have-been-Heroes Replenish.

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
08-24-2012, 07:13 PM
I guess I can buy that it is in an attempt to balance out the possibility of people trying to inentionally allow their hero to die so they can get a stronger hero. Still, that doesn't really seem like a good enough reason to me. For one, the heroes have it bad enough in most scenarios. Intentionally giving up one of your heroes is really not a good idea.

Not to mention, that still doesn't address the fact that if you play with four hero players, then they still would have the ability to do that anyway, because they can allow a character to die and would automatically get a new hero. Hence, there is still that inbalance between having one hero player and having two or four.

To be honest, I don't mind either way, as I just love this game. But, I must say that I am in favor of the change in Timber Peak that has it as a standard that all scenarios use Hero Replenish and Always Zombie Heroes.