Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slither Variant
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Slither Variant
Not sure how many have seen the movie Slither (2006)? http://www.slithermovie.net/

But I got an idea for running a scenario based off of this after watching the movie again yesterday. It fits the LNOE game very well. I will add more as I work on this but others thoughts and Ideas would be welcomed if they had ever thought of doing the same.

My thoughts are that a townsfolk at random has become infected by the alien organism. The Zombies can be people already infected by the alien slugs. I'm gonna think this one through a little more but I think there is a variant here.

I also think the soundtrack for this movie would be excellent for this scenario as well as LNOE in general.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
RE: Slither Variant
I should watch that movie again and then I can help you.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Could be played like Mafia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28game%29)
07-11-2008, 12:27 AM
To be honest, it was my interest in Slither that really brought me to this game...

The Sheriff in LNOE reminded me so much of the Sheriff of the Slither movie...(that dood from Firefly) I just had to check the game out.

A Slither Variant is right up my alley!!
02-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I would love to see how this idea turns out! Nathan Fillion (That dood from Firefly) is my favorite actor!

Here is my recommendation:

Town Construction:

- Have the manor house at the far right, patio facing left.
- Connect the Gun Shop/Plant/General store top left of the manor house.
- Connect the Police Station/Church bottom left of the manor house.
- Make a rectangle with the Barn/Farm House tile and the Library/Antique Shop/Factory tile. Connect this evenly to the left of the Gun Shop tile with the Barn at the far top left.
- Make another rectangle with the High School/Gym tile and the Bank/Gas Station/Junkyard tile. Connect this evenly to the left of the Police Station tile, with the flag outside the High School at the bottom left.

If done correctly, the Manor House will be at the far right, the Barn at the far top left and the flag at the far bottom left. The road out of town should be really close to the flag.

- Place the fallen meteor marker on top of the flag, outside the high school.
- Place one of the townsfolk markers, preferably female, inside the barn at the top left (anyone who has seen the movie will know where I'm going with this Watchmen02.
- Place the remaining townsfolk markers randomly throughout the town.
- Place one of the red zombies inside the manor house's dining room. This will be the "boss" zombie.
- Place D6 zombies, spread out evenly around the manor house.

All zombies will spawn from the manor house.
Slug monsters will periodically spawn from the fallen meteor (I'm not quite sure what to use to represent them). The slugs move the same way a zombie would, with the objective of latching onto the nearest hero or townsfolk.

After a certain number of turns, the townsfolk in the barn will "explode", creating a large number of slugs and a second spawn point for them.

When a slug enters a space with a hero, the hero players tries to roll 3+ in an attempt to step on it. If unsuccessful, the slug will latch on, reducing movement by 1 for each slug. I would suggest having a maximum number of slugs per hero. At the start of each hero's turn, the player may roll 4+ in an attempt to remove 1 slug. After 3 turns, if there's still a slug on the hero, he turns into a zombie. If any slug reaches one of the townsfolk, that townsfolk is immediately turned into a zombie.

Slugs can only latch on during their turn. Consequently, during the hero turn, a hero can spend 1 movement for each slug he wants to step on, without fear of being attacked by them. For example; The player rolls a 5. He moves 1 space and steps on a slug there in that space. He then moves 1 more space and steps on two slugs in that space. Slugs do not block movement, and so heroes can walk right passed them if they wish.

The objective of the game would be to destroy the fallen meteor and the barn, and then kill the zombie boss in the manor house. The zombie boss would be invulnerable and unable to move until both the meteor and the barn were destroyed. He should have a number of health boxes and roll an extra attack dice.

Given the numerous objectives and the threat coming from not only zombies, but slugs as well, you would probably want to have more than the usual 4 heroes.

Let me know what you think of this idea Watchmen02

I hope it is sort of what you were looking for, Canadian Pittbull.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]
02-09-2011, 11:42 PM
I just bought Firefly (again) on Blu-ray and am watching it currently... Nathan Fillion Rocks. Slither, I saw that in the theater, Wife won't let me buy it saying "Once was enough" LOL...

Hummm... Firefly heroes... ohhh... idea! Must hash that out...

Oh, erm, yeah anyway back on topic...

Alice, that's some recommendation... more like the whole thing. Looks decent too... But I'll wait till others weigh in before I say much... (That and I am being rushed off to dinner now. LOL)
02-09-2011, 11:56 PM
I guess I got a little carried away, lol. Once I started typing out ideas, I wrote more than I meant to. Count this as my tribute to one of my favorite movies.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/a/b/ab57ead96545f9f083422696827cf192-d39i2v4.png[/img]
02-10-2011, 06:10 AM
I love the Idea for a Slither Scenario, I haven't yet seen the movie so...
I also saw you mention Firefly and I got to work, lol. I have posted the charcters on a different thread so that I don't start hijacking yours. Watchmen02

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-10-2011, 06:28 AM
(02-09-2011 11:56 PM)Alice Wrote:  I guess I got a little carried away, lol. Once I started typing out ideas, I wrote more than I meant to. Count this as my tribute to one of my favorite movies.

No worries, feel free to ramble on, and type out everything you are thinking. Can't hurt and is always welcome. Zombie17

(02-10-2011 06:10 AM)mistrunner Wrote:  I also saw you mention Firefly and I got to work, lol. I have posted the charcters on a different thread so that I don't start hijacking yours. Watchmen02

Why is it every time I start working on something... someone else always manages to beat me to it? Welp there's 2 hours wasted. LOL

(Seriously though, no worries mistrunner, I am not really upset, just being a jerk.) LOL
02-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Sorry Gothic I didn't realize you were working on them, ooppss.

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.