Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Small World
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 07:53 PM by avalanche5160.)
RE: Small World
This is a great game when you have 3 to 5 people. I enjoy that you can be completely destroyed and then come back to win. My gaming group has all the expansions and a copy of SW underground. There is high replay value to this game because of the amount of races and powers. Also there is a different game play mechanic in SW underground that keeps our rotation fresh. These games are good for beginners and veterans.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2012, 12:34 PM
We have played it a lot and my gf is quite notoriously winning this game. Really great mechanics though, little to no luck, but(!) it seems that being the first player can give an, admittedly small, advantage.

Replayability is very high though!

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
received SmallWorld UW before some days it is awesome!!!! I allready have Smallworld,Cursed,Grand Dames, Tales and Be not afraid...
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM
How does the Tales of Legends expansion work and is this worth buying?
07-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Tales of Legends (?) is both good and bad. It adds some randomness to the game, but on the other hand it also changes the situation so that you have to calculate another factor into the game. However, it favors the first player situation very much... IMO.

I have it, but we havent played that much with it.

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
07-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I play SW a lot with my girlfriend, we used tales a lot when we were feeling we had played the games tens of times(when you learn it the 2 player game is very fast) and it gave us lot of difference in the game giving more replayability.
The huge advantage for tales IMO is that there are so many cards and you will use only some of them each game, requiring lots of games to see them all.
So to sum up, if you feel that your SW is become a boring game you should add tales to twist it, otherwise keep it as it is
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks argailwall for the great summery of tales. SW has started to become repetitious, so I think I will pick up tales when I can.
08-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Had a game night this evening and we played SmallWorld and SW:Underground linked together using the Tunnels. Tons of fun.
The highlight was when the Balrog fought an Immortal Wizard on an underground black mountain... Watchmen02
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Small World is one of those games Table Top brainwashed me to buy.
And I really like it. Table Top makes me spend all my monies on board games... It's the same with Steam and video games...