Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sneaking Passed Villains in Deep Jungle
11-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Sneaking Passed Villains in Deep Jungle
I have a question for those that have played the Co-op version of the game. Do you have to sneak passed a Villain when Adventuring for an Artifact that is located at a Deep Jungle space if the Villain has not found it yet?

I know that you DO have to sneak passed them if a Villain is added to the adventure by a Danger card. My question is more towards a Villain that is deployed to the highest value Artifact that happens to be in a Deep Jungle space. I assume that they still need to search just the same as Heroes.

Here is the order of events:

Villain Adventure Phase: Ice Box Eddie is Active. He is Deployed to the highest value Artifact which is located in the Heart of Africa. This end Eddie's turn without him getting to make a Deep Jungle roll.

Hero Turn: Both Heroes move to the Heart of Africa space. Jake Zane has initiative, and passes the Deep Jungle roll with a 4, beginning the adventure for the Armor of Loki.

In this instance, when my Heroes choose to press on, do they need to make a Sneak test to get passed Eddie? My feeling is to say no, since Icebox hasn't technically found it yet.

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2011, 03:37 AM
RE: Sneaking Passed Villains in Deep Jungle
I'd say No Sneaking required. Page 20 has it: "While a Villain is at an Adventure, anytime a Hero there wishes to Press On after overcoming a Danger, they must
first make a Sneak Test to get past the Villain without being discovered." Page 25 has it: "A Villain at a Deep Jungle will need to Explore to find the Artifact Adventure just like a Hero would." So, a villain lost in the jungle is not AT the adventure.

11-18-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm with you guys. No seeking until Icebox eddie finds the Adventure site.
11-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Agree,Icebox is just wandering around & not on the Artifact Sight...no Sneak required.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Excellent, thanks for the input everyone.