Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snow Day!!!
01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Snow Day!!!
Well for us Mid-Atlantic/NE types it's snow time & the state of NJ is closed. No work, as old as I am there is something about getting
a snow day off that brings out the kid in me.

Of course in a couple of hours I'll have to shovel my ass off
(with my wife reminding me not to have a heart attack-
I'll really try not to).

But for now instead of dressing for work, it's jammies, coffee
& raisin toast.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Snow Day!!!
Kids are off school -- have THEM shovel. Pay with cookies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 05:46 PM
No snow here just ice storms last week. Luckily I was one of the ones with power.
01-03-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 05:55 PM by StayPuft.)
For me, I have the ability to work from home.... but for some reason I'm not very fond of it. As it is, because of the holidays I've already worked from home quite a few days. So, I really didn't feel like it again.

As result of a few things, I've been sort of down the past few days, so even more so I DID NOT feell like working from home. I even woke up this morning, cleared off my car, and wanted to try to get in, but just looking around the parking lot at my apartment complex, I could tell it was a bad idea.

So, I'm stuck working from home on a day when, more than any day, I REALLY didn't feel like it. So, not exactly very joyous for me. LOL! But, I definitely know what you mean. If I didn't have to work because of the snow, I'd probably be enjoying it a lot more.
01-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Viva Mexico!, I shoveled my way to the garage to discover the Mexicans who live across the alley from me had
shoveled out the areas between our garages. So that cut my work in half.

OD

01-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Feeling sort of down... that's one of the things I've found has increased since working for myself. It's especially bad during the winter months. Having an office in the basement doesn't help matters much either.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
01-03-2014, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 08:40 PM by StayPuft.)
I happen to love basements. :-)

For me, it is a number of things. Thankfully all of which are mostly stupid and my own dumb reactions to life. Most likely it is probably just me being me and over-reacting/expecting things to be worse than they are. That always has been a struggle for me and probably always will be. I've gotten better at it, though.

Sorry to hear you share my temporary downness, though. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Well... almost anybody. ;-) LOL!
01-04-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2021 03:03 PM by Old Dwarf.)
(01-03-2014 08:24 PM)Sarku Wrote:  Feeling sort of down... that's one of the things I've found has increased since working for myself. It's especially bad during the winter months. Having an office in the basement doesn't help matters much either.

Damn Chief my entire Units in the basement, however the
State likes to call it the Lower LevelZombie24

OD

01-05-2014, 04:19 AM
Chin up boss. If all else fails at least you know you are the king here!
01-08-2014, 03:09 PM
LOL... Zombie17

I think it's more the lack of personal interaction that's the key. At my old job, my office used to be in the basement as well. I had a huge window though and access to anyone that passed by because of the location. Now, I constantly have my tv on just to make some noise and keep it not so quiet.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga