Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snow Day!!!
01-08-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Snow Day!!!
We haven't had the snow over on this side. But in this great state of Minnesota we were fighting the the wind chill that got us to -50 ℉ so we were not fortenet to get the day off. I'm very jelus of this snow day event.

Survival is only the beginning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 05:40 PM
(01-08-2014 03:09 PM)Sarku Wrote:  LOL... Zombie17

I think it's more the lack of personal interaction that's the key. At my old job, my office used to be in the basement as well. I had a huge window though and access to anyone that passed by because of the location. Now, I constantly have my tv on just to make some noise and keep it not so quiet.

Funny enough, I think part of why I personally don't like working from home is psychological. For some reason, my brain just kind of connects being home on a work day (other than when I happen to have off for a holiday or whatever) as being "out of work." For some reason, I can't disconnect that in my brain. So, even though I have a job, and am just working from home, it sort of feels like being unemployed. That is only part of why I don't like it, though. I can't really put my finger on all of the reasons, though. For whatever reason, I just don't like it. It is good to have the ability to work from home, so I am glad I can when needed, but I would prefer to do it as little as possible.
01-22-2014, 06:09 AM
One Mo Time.....Yes, The NJ Courts are closed againWatchmen02
Another Snow Day, plus REALLY low temps & wind.

No snow of any amount for several years & now
wham...Winter Wonder Land.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-22-2014, 07:44 AM
We got roughly a foot of snow in the past 24 hours but they don't close the mountains...this isn't anything new. Last time we had a closing of work was when we had like 5 feet of snow.
01-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Here in NC we get even the slightest hint that there might be snow and everything gets at least a 2 hour delay...so dumb. There is no reason for these delays lol.

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 11:08 PM by Old Dwarf.)
(01-22-2014 02:57 PM)SSTrunks85 Wrote:  Here in NC we get even the slightest hint that there might be snow and everything gets at least a 2 hour delay...so dumb. There is no reason for these delays lol.

I went to college in the eastern part of NC & when we got
the rare snow everyone went wild . I taught in the
Western part of NC (Mocksville) & had so much snow time
they made us hold classes on Saturday to make them up.

OD

01-22-2014, 06:07 PM
I am stuck working from home again today. It just didn't make sense to do battle with all that snow this morning. It should hopefully be better enough by tomorrow.

I actually stubbornly went in to the office yesterday. LOL! I do not like working from home. As it is, I wound up having to go home a couple hours early and finish off from home anyway.

But, it did my soul good to go in. I will never know why, but I do not really like working from home. Stuck there today, but hopefully not tomorrow.
02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
NOT AGAIN!! NJ closed for our latest, wet heavy snow, winds & now freezing rain.
So it's such a mess now we might be off Friday & Monday is a Holliday.

I could enjoy this (well except for all the shoveling ) but it just backs work
up.

OD

03-03-2014, 01:27 PM
You know the drill-ANOTHER Snow Day,& it's gonna be the biggest yet.The crappy part is that I took 4hrs personal time
for today to get my taxes done (that got postponed) but NJ has this rule that if you have scheduled time off & then
the Courts are closed you still have to take the time, so I'm out 4hrs.

The snow is suppose to go on until around 4PM so I may be shoveling in the dark but I guess that's what hot herb
tea & rum are for.

OD

03-03-2014, 07:24 PM
We've had some interesting weather this side of the pond. But no snow as such... good job really few flakes and the entire country grinds to a halt. ?. Crazy