Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I had this idea....LNOE Skype!
05-29-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: So I had this idea....LNOE Skype!
(05-29-2014 05:58 AM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  We can break up the work load. Get someone to write the cards in a text file. Write the scenarios. Abilities. Although a lot of them are already on lnoecc. Get some generic placeholder images for the truck, trees, heath kits. Run them through a photoshop filter to get them to look similar to the art style. If you need help, then give me a job and I'll do it.

Thanks for the offer.

This module exists already (and works, I think), the only current problem is that the images of the cards have been removed.

Fixing that problem will be pretty easy, if it is just the Hero and Zombie cards that are broken. If I find that the board images have been removed as well, I might need some help getting those images, since my photo editing skills are less than optimal.

I will also go through and see if any improvements are needed.

When it comes time to do the expansions, I will also request help getting images of the map pieces from the expansions.

@aprillo
Yes, the expansions can be made into "extensions". Check out the BSG and Arkham modules for an example of how this works in Vassal.

I will be sure to ask for help when it comes time to start adding expansions, but I would like to make sure the base module works well first, and then start building on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 01:31 AM
I am also interested in this, I love playing this game, but its so hard to find people to play. I am downloading the vassal engine as we speak, so perhaps we can work together to get it working correctly and get a game going
05-30-2014, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 02:49 AM by brunoreturns.)
Just took a look at the module to see what it will need, and it needs a bit more work than I thought.

ALL of the images have been removed, except for a couple of files left as templates.

Most of it won't be a big deal, it will just take time. However, I am not sure what to do about the zombie and player tokens.

It might be better to use a little image with the player's face (like a BSG piece) instead of an image that looks like a mini. The minis would be pretty hard to keep straight on a digital board, I think.

Minis would be OK for the zombies, though.

Not sure what size would be best, there was no template left for these pieces. I can probably resize them to make them look good once I see them in the module. I would think maybe 100x100 would be the max size for these icons.

Someone want to volunteer to manufacture images for these pieces?

I will also need help with the board pieces, as my scanner is not big enough to get the full image. Those pieces need to be 1000x1000. PNG would be best, so that the missing part of the square can be left transparent.
05-30-2014, 03:18 AM
ok I am going to start a new thread for this
05-30-2014, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 11:52 AM by aprillo.)
What if instead of trying to digitally input minis, we could create circular "hero" tokens. Much like the townsfolk tokens acquired in the growing hunger expansions. I could easily get started on creating those and I'll work up a template so that someone else could pick up where I left off since I don't have all the heroes available for the game. (I'm broke now and couldnt afford more than the base game and growing hunger.)

I feel with this option it remains both true to the look of LNOE and more practicle for digital gaming purposes.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom