Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So anyone got MK9?
05-31-2011, 05:49 PM
So anyone got MK9?
I've been playing for a bit now and man this Mortal Kombat is amazing give me MK over Marvel vs Capcom 3 any day
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2011, 06:54 PM
RE: So anyone got MK9?
I played it. But I don't own the game, it was Mentara's Watchmen02
It is indeed a very cool game wich brings back the original MK feeling.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2011, 08:54 PM
(05-31-2011 06:54 PM)Emp Wrote:  I played it. But I don't own the game, it was Mentara's Watchmen02
It is indeed a very cool game wich brings back the original MK feeling.

Yeah that's why I liked it it really felt like a updated MK3! And it's fun as all hell as well so that helps Zombie17
06-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Well, me wantee. I have been a superfan since the beginning. I should go out and see what's up. I have a friend that plays on Xbox live. What do you like about it? Best fatality? Any cool pits?
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
It is just plain old school beat 'em up fun.
The graphics are great. When you are playing that is, I think the storymode cutscenes are crap and boring plus you can't skip them! The main reason why I quite in the storymode.

But you get so much more next to the storymode. Arcade ladder, The Tower, ...
The addition of the X-Ray moves (wich are simple to execute) is also great fun. Some of those moves are just plain nasty (for those who have the game check Smoke his move...awesome).

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2011, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2011 03:24 PM by Mr. ONEarm.)
(06-01-2011 06:13 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Well, me wantee. I have been a superfan since the beginning. I should go out and see what's up. I have a friend that plays on Xbox live. What do you like about it? Best fatality? Any cool pits?

All the fatalities are brutal as all hell fav. one probably would be Qun Chi where he rips your leg off and beats you to death with it Watchmen02 or Shung Tshung where he turns into a evil looking clown and does Jokers fatality from that shit storm of a game MKvsDC it was just funny to me but it's done to a T! Fav. Stage defiantly the street stage where you throw the kombatan in front of a carWatchmen02 You should go get it I was very skeptakal at first and when I actually started to play it fell back in love with MK it's so well done... MK9 is a must buy IMO
(06-01-2011 09:09 AM)Emp Wrote:  It is just plain old school beat 'em up fun.
The graphics are great. When you are playing that is, I think the storymode cutscenes are crap and boring plus you can't skip them! The main reason why I quite in the storymode.

But you get so much more next to the storymode. Arcade ladder, The Tower, ...
The addition of the X-Ray moves (wich are simple to execute) is also great fun. Some of those moves are just plain nasty (for those who have the game check Smoke his move...awesome).

I liked story mode sure it sucks about not being able to skip the cut scenes but it really reminded me of the first MK movie sure it has it's flaws with the cheese diolage but over all I really dug the story plus it's pretty lengthy *for a fighting game*
06-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Dude! I love that Quan Chi fatality. It was in an earlier one, like 4 or 5 I think. The one where Shinook squeezes you like toothpaste. Those were two of the few good ones from that one. 9 sounds like a lot of fun.
06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
(06-02-2011 05:39 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Dude! I love that Quan Chi fatality. It was in an earlier one, like 4 or 5 I think. The one where Shinook squeezes you like toothpaste. Those were two of the few good ones from that one. 9 sounds like a lot of fun.

Yeah it was 4! MK4 was the falling point to that series IMO it got better with MK Deception but they still was trying all that other crap with diffrent stances and weapons blah! I say to that crap! Luckily MK9 is so good and it is a hell of a game! The ppl over at NetherRealm Studios really proved them selfs with this one! BTW if anyone wants to try and beat a one armed man at a fighting game hit me up on Xbox360 Mr ONEarm is my tag
06-03-2011, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2011 08:35 AM by vikinglad.)
Ya MK4 sux. i have it on Nintendo only. What a horrible travesty. I hated the 3-D switch. Superior only to the gameboy versions. I really liked the last 1 before the DC one. I only have it on PSP, but I love all the pit levels.

(06-02-2011 02:03 PM)Mr. ONEarm Wrote:  BTW if anyone wants to try and beat a one armed man at a fighting game hit me up on Xbox360 Mr ONEarm is my tag

I promise to tell everyone if I lose! It would be cool to meet up and play sometime. If I get it, I will try to find you. I am VikingJacen on Xbox, but I don't get on too much. Usually playing Borderlands or Old Gears of War 1 with a buddy when i am on. I like fighting games because you don't need to commit 2-3 hours to play like we do with the shooters.
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2011 12:33 PM by Mr. ONEarm.)
(06-03-2011 08:32 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Ya MK4 sux. i have it on Nintendo only. What a horrible travesty. I hated the 3-D switch. Superior only to the gameboy versions. I really liked the last 1 before the DC one. I only have it on PSP, but I love all the pit levels.

(06-02-2011 02:03 PM)Mr. ONEarm Wrote:  BTW if anyone wants to try and beat a one armed man at a fighting game hit me up on Xbox360 Mr ONEarm is my tag

I promise to tell everyone if I lose! It would be cool to meet up and play sometime. If I get it, I will try to find you. I am VikingJacen on Xbox, but I don't get on too much. Usually playing Borderlands or Old Gears of War 1 with a buddy when i am on. I like fighting games because you don't need to commit 2-3 hours to play like we do with the shooters.

LOL tell the world Watchmen02 It's well worth the price IMO Yeah recently I've been playing L.A. NOIRE I feel ya on the whole FPS I go through and keep on shooter usually so I can scratch that itch ever so often...