Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hunting the Night: Tactics in A Touch of Evil (new expansion!)
03-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Hunting the Night: Tactics in A Touch of Evil (new expansion!)
Yep> Providing I did things right, this may soon be in the Download section under ATOE Books.

What is it?

A unoffical expansion for ATOE, allowing players to attempt common horror story tactics, like destroying coffins, racing the Headless Horseman, baiting the Werewolf, and such.

No new cards, tokens or anything required, and it is useable for the basic game and/or expansions.

One thing: Please tell me if anything needs tweaking: I thought it would be too rough on the villains, at first, and now I am considreing allowing a reversal of 1 notch on the Shadow Track for each completed Tactic!

Thanks!

Mike Callahan (Pfr_Fate)

03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
RE: Hunting the Night: Tactics in A Touch of Evil (new expansion!)
It's up!

03-15-2011, 07:45 AM
What a great idea. I will see if I can convince my group to try it out next time we play. I will let you know how it goes if we do. I applaud all of your efforts at keeping this game fresh in the forums.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2011, 11:40 AM
I was going to try to add a Session report, except the game beat us SO completely, we never could attempt any new rules! We actually sat there, quiet for a minute after the Shadow track dropped off the end....stunned at the a$$-kicking we recieved by the normal automatic rules.

I would like a Session Report - the expansion was designed to only 'kick in' through purposeful attempts at certain cards (which risks 'lingering') or lucky card draws. That's the tactical part - do we sweep out to various locations, fill up a Discard Pile for the Objective Card while searching for the 'Trigger' card - or do we play the game straight in the hopes of finding the right amount of random stuff? Do we trade cards to send the best suited character to the proper location?

Thematically, it does take care of one very odd game effect which always bothered me - the reason for the Heroes to travel seperately under dangerous circumstances. Now it will be: 'You go to the Olde Woods and search for the Shallow Graves! If I find the Relic at the Keep, I will join you back in Town, give you the Relic and you can travel back to the graves to sanctify them and end the Walking Dead! Go! But, beware the Witch...and I will deal with the highwaymen!"

10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
We've played this a couple of times and think it is awesome! If you'll forgive us though we did make one minor modification. It seemed anit-climactic once you accomplished the "collect the cards and get to the location" phase - and reasoning that to lure or trap the villain to take away one of its abilities it should actually be present - we implemented the rule that you must fight a single round with the villain and inflict at least one wound in order to trigger the effect. On a fail that hero may not attempt it again but may leave the items there for another hero to attempt on their turn. If successful the injury (eliminated abiliity) is inflicted as well as the wounds and the hero gains 3 investigation for each wound delivered on the villain.

Great job with this! It really gives the heroes some direction.
10-02-2012, 03:37 AM
That sounds great I can't wait till I get to be a member to be able to try this setting.nif what you say works then this is exactly what I have been looking to try.
10-10-2012, 11:11 AM
souds great indeed ! eager Watchmen02