Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SoTF rules...
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
SoTF rules...
Hi all,

We are going to play SoTF for the first time tonight (really excited!). However after reading the rules and reviewing the cards I have a few questions:

1. When do you play Survival Tactics cards, that remains in play (Survival of the Fittest, Go for the Head etc.) or are unspecified on the card (Ammo Belt etc.)?

2. If a Z moves "through" a corner of a building, with a barricade on 1 wall, does it have to roll? (I would say no to this one, as it can help the heroes to keep a z moving towards them with z hunger, while barricading and reinforcing only 1 wall).

Cards:
Mostly I have been wondering if it is right that I have 3 barricade the windows in my Survival Tactics deck, and 2 hunting rifles from the Hero Pack 1 expansion.

Do you have the same?

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2010, 05:25 PM
RE: SoTF rules...
Hi Sov,

Here what my group does :

1) The survival tactics that have no indication can be played at any time. Can be a frustation for the zombie player (in this case me) wondering what heroes are holding up to. More then once I got the "in your face" escaping throught sewers or barricaded building while I was attempting to move.

2) If one wall has a barricade then zombie must roll to pass. Yeah they are stupid... Zombie03 Can seem unfair, but in the end zombies always pass Zombie17 Reinforcing means wound ,not searching or both.

For the cards I am pretty sure I have 2 hunting rifles but not sure for barricade the windows, I will check but at least 2.

cheers
02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
We're playing today as well!!!
Not SOTF though sadly as I still need to get it...LOL
But LNOE none the less.
02-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Morgolon is right about the corner of a building question, having played SoTF with the fine folks at Flying Frog. It was specifically brought up. And if the barricades are reinforced, the zombie must attempt to get through the more reinforced wall. Dunno about the survival tactics cards, though, since I don't have the expansion myself yet.
02-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I checked my cards and it is 2 hunting rifles with HP1 and 3 barricade the windows in SotF
02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Cheers for the answers guys (and possibly gals?!?)!

We had a blast although two of the scenarios seemed a bit random... Ill write a review after sunday when we have a whole day of gaming Watchmen02

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]