Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solo Play?
11-23-2010, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2010 07:20 PM by yatescory.)
Solo Play?
I am going to be playing this solo tonight. This is also the first time I will be playing the game. Any tips as to who to play with (how many characters and which ones) and what villian to face. Should I use a villian with basic or advanced? Any other tips. I want this to be a fun experience and somewhat challenging but not overlly challenging since this is my first time. Thanks!
(11-23-2010 07:19 PM)yatescory Wrote:  I am going to be playing this solo tonight. This is also the first time I will be playing the game. Any tips as to who to play with (how many characters and which ones) and what villian to face. Should I use a villian with basic or advanced? Any other tips. I want this to be a fun experience and somewhat challenging but not overlly challenging since this is my first time. Thanks!

ps...I have have the expansions. Should I use them or not since this is my first time?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2010, 07:24 PM
RE: Solo Play?
I have not used solo play, sorry.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Too Late to respond,but how did it go?Did you use the WWtWC Solo rules?

I would have suggested 1 Hero & a fairly simple villian not one that requires extra rules to track.
Probably the base Game to start(as it's a first play-just cuts the number of things you need
to keep track of).

Let us know how it went.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank you for the response. I did play last night. The Solo rules say you can play as up to 4 hereos so I choose to play as 3 heroes and played Basic against the Werewolf. After collecting items, this fight was VERY VERY easy and only took 1 character to beat. I was never KO'ed in the game at all. I think I only took one wound in the Showdown process. If I were to recommend playing solo I definitely would recommend playing as only one character if you are playing a basic Villian. Probably 2 or 3 characters if you are playing Advanced. It was definitely a fun experience though and afterwards I went to a friends house and we played cooperative (which was too easy as well playing basic) and one game playing against each other (which was a better experience in my opinion).
11-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Glad you enjoyed it.

What I like about the Solo Rules is that you can increase the difficulty level.We (or I if Solo)play with all the Advanced Rules as it does make for a much more challenging game.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-21-2010, 10:32 PM
i love that you can play this game solo, i wish there were offical solo rules for LNOE

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
12-22-2010, 09:34 AM
(12-21-2010 10:32 PM)Vin Oup Wrote:  i love that you can play this game solo, i wish there were offical solo rules for LNOE

Aren't there solorules for LNOE?? I probably ending up in my house, painting mini's, making custom cards, reading the rulebook and buying expansions for the rest of my life without ever playing the game. Yes, you got the picture right .... at the moment no one is interested in playing LNOE with dad ...