Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solo play?
10-18-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Solo play?
I often play LNoE and AToE solo, well me and my imagination. And we both enjoy the games a lot!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 07:26 AM
My friends don't appreciate ATOE as much as I do, and don't want to play it very often, so solo play has been helpful for me to get my monster hunting fix.
10-25-2012, 02:12 AM
I'm getting the base set today, but I won't be able to get my hands on Something Wicked until some time. Can anyone give me quick pointers on how this can be played solo? Should I just follow the competitive play and choose two heroes, then go through the turns as if there were two of myself?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2012, 03:06 AM
(10-25-2012 02:12 AM)LabRat Wrote:  I'm getting the base set today, but I won't be able to get my hands on Something Wicked until some time. Can anyone give me quick pointers on how this can be played solo? Should I just follow the competitive play and choose two heroes, then go through the turns as if there were two of myself?

Co-op. Play 2+ Heroes as co-op. You will not be able to play competitive ( unless you were to play both sides against each other. Doable, but you'll ahve the "hidden knowledge" of both...)

If you play a Single Hero even, follow co-op rules.

I'll send you a PM w/ more details. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-25-2012, 05:44 AM
Darn why did i type competitive? I meant co-op haha. Thanks MoonSylver!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2016, 03:33 AM
Something wicked arrived today. I do not have AToE yet! I hope it arrives tomorrow so I can finnally try this game. One of the main reason I got this game is for the solo play. I probably will be able to get a full game together but not as often as I would like. I am glad to read that I am not the only one that does this.
04-08-2016, 06:16 PM
I mostly play Solo, ATOE works great Solo (even before the official rules came out). It's one of the best Solo
systems around.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-09-2016, 03:28 AM
(04-08-2016 06:16 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I mostly play Solo, ATOE works great Solo (even before the official rules came out). It's one of the best Solo
systems around.

OD

Thank you OD. I am glad to heard that and excited to receive my copy. It has still not arrived, the worst part is I have Something Wicked sprawled out on the table and I can not play it.
04-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Me too and I agree. A great game to lose yourself in the story.