Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some Walking Dead characters
01-07-2013, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 12:17 AM by blakeb.)
Some Walking Dead characters
Hello everyone! I made some character cards for people from The Walking Dead. I know that the fonts are wrong, the spacing is off, and the pictures don`t quite fit in the space. But as far as abilities and stuff go, I think they are pretty good. If you have any constructive criticism, I would appreciate it.

Here's a couple more.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: Some Walking Dead characters
Why does Daryl have 4 health? (He must be your favorite) Merle is bigger so that doesn't make sense. Also I feel Glenn and Maggie should be young and only have 2 health boxes. Hershel should have a movement penalty for being one legged and old. That's all I can think of right off but it looks like there will be some balance issues for sure.
01-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Nice Heroes man! I def like Shane's!
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 10:20 PM by samuraitrev.)
Sorry blakeb I haven't got time tonight but I will give you feedback on all of your characters if you can wait until tomorrow.Watchmen02
01-08-2013, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 11:02 PM by blakeb.)
(01-08-2013 12:43 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Why does Daryl have 4 health? (He must be your favorite) Merle is bigger so that doesn't make sense. Also I feel Glenn and Maggie should be young and only have 2 health boxes. Hershel should have a movement penalty for being one legged and old. That's all I can think of right off but it looks like there will be some balance issues for sure.

I feel like Daryl is just as tough as Merle. I thought about making Glenn and Maggie young, I might change that. I gave Hershel 2 health boxes because he's old, but not the youth ability obviously; that's his penatly. I tried to keep the abilities close to ones that already exist, and balance them with other characters that exist.
(01-08-2013 01:20 AM)jgiff86 Wrote:  Nice Heroes man! I def like Shane's!

Thank you! I modeled him after Sheriff Anderson obviously. I decided to do the shotgun instead of the revolver. And since I feel its a better weapon, he needed a negative ability. So I made up the "Temper" one, nothing that would hurt him too much though.
01-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi Blakeb,

You've done some good work here and they must have took you a long time. I've just bought the 17th graphic novel and I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I've had a good look at your work and I've found some issues and given some suggestions. I hope they help.

Don't forget to capitalize the Character's name and their charcater tag type such as SAM the DINER COOK. The Start location is also in capitals.

Daryl
I would change the wording to his ability. The weapon name Crossbow has no relevance to the ability. If you want to give him a Crossbow as a ranged weapon then go for it... I would have the Zombie discard a random card otherwise the ability is too OP. He needs to have 3 Wounds.

Merle
For the ability Sword Handed delete Hero's choice it is superfluous. You've already said it's the Heroes choice with the word; may. Typo on his No Fear ability. It should read marked and not maked.

Rick
Duffle Bag is OP in my opinion change it to 5+.

Michone
On the Survivalist ability, please, please, please absolutely ditch the reshuffle that would be an almighty pain. Just put the other card in the discard pile. Her Katana is the same as Sam's Brawling let's be a bit more imaginative. How about you roll 1 die, like with the Sledgehammer.

Combat Bonus
The Hero may only roll a single Fight Die (additional Fight Dice may NOT be added). If a 5 or 6 is rolled, the Zombie is instantly Killed. The Combat Bonus must be used before Fight Dice are rolled.

Keep up the good work +1 rep. If I had the miniatures I would play test these for you. (I have an unpainted miniature allergyZombie12 ) I hope more people will support you with this. You're obviously a big fan of WD and Zombies that makes you alright in my book!
01-09-2013, 10:23 PM
(01-09-2013 09:17 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hi Blakeb,

You've done some good work here and they must have took you a long time. I've just bought the 17th graphic novel and I'm a huge Walking Dead fan. I've had a good look at your work and I've found some issues and given some suggestions. I hope they help.

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'll take it all under consideration. As for your suggestions, here's what I was thinking when I made them.

Quote:Merle
For the ability Sword Handed delete Hero's choice it is superfluous. You've already said it's the Heroes choice with the word; may. Typo on his No Fear ability. It should read marked and not maked.

I worded it that way because that's how its written on Sally's Lucky ability. For a lot of these I tried to keep the same powers as already exisiting characters.

Quote:Rick
Duffle Bag is OP in my opinion change it to 5+.

Thanks. I haven't play-tested this yet so I may change. I know its a powerful ability, which is always why I gave him the Group Leader ability as a slight negative ability.

Quote:Daryl
I would change the wording to his ability. The weapon name Crossbow has no relevance to the ability. If you want to give him a Crossbow as a ranged weapon then go for it... I would have the Zombie discard a random card otherwise the ability is too OP. He needs to have 3 Wounds.

I imagine like he is shooting the crossbow into a group of zombie and hitting something. So like his arrow is hitting the zombie hand, or something. I think maybe a random card would be better. I feel like giving someone a permanent ranged weapon would be too good, although I do like the idea of it.

Quote:Michone
On the Survivalist ability, please, please, please absolutely ditch the reshuffle that would be an almighty pain. Just put the other card in the discard pile. Her Katana is the same as Sam's Brawling let's be a bit more imaginative. How about you roll 1 die, like with the Sledgehammer.

Combat Bonus
The Hero may only roll a single Fight Die (additional Fight Dice may NOT be added). If a 5 or 6 is rolled, the Zombie is instantly Killed. The Combat Bonus must be used before Fight Dice are rolled.

Hmm, that is a good idea for the Katana. I did copy the Brawling ability because like I said before, I copied other abilities on purpose. Just so I could use the cards instead and the game would be essentially the same. To make it seem more appealing to some of my friends. I gave her a second ability because, Sam has Brawling and 4 lives. I was going to give her 4 lives, so she need another ability. There is no sword for her to start the game with, so I figured make it something random.

Again, thanks so much for your advice. I really appreciate it!
01-09-2013, 10:56 PM
No problem. I will keep an eye on this threadWatchmen02
01-22-2013, 06:24 AM
I think Merle should have the extra Heath for sure. Glen and Maggie are fine, I believe they are adults, young but still adults. The youth characteristics should stay for teens and children... Michonne should have some tripped out ability that turns a zombie to fight for her on a roll of +6 or something, she's so epic toting a couple of zombies, and maybe pitching the draw feature for a hide or starting weapon... Great work tho, I'd play them as is.. I need to get walking dead minis if there are any out there...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2013, 11:34 AM
You've got some great ideas for the character abilities. I'd make small changes like others suggested. Other than that, they're great. Makes me want to get some more miniatures... Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user