Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some card questions.
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2009 04:23 PM by n107.)
Some card questions.
Just played my first game tonight and made quite an astounding number of mistakes. Oh well, it was the trial run after all. Hopefully I'll be more aware next time.

Anyhow, I had a few questions about some cards.

Hero Cards

Keys: If you draw this item, can you immediately discard it to draw the extra cards?

Revolver: To determine if the revolver is out of ammo, does the 1 come from your regular combat roll or is it a separate roll like those to determine breakage for hand weapons? It doesn't specify but the Shotgun card's text makes the check a separate roll so I was thinking maybe the revolver is also separate.

Zombie Cards

"The Line is Dead!": Does this also cancel a building's Pick Up ability?

Dragging Meat: Do each of the D6 zombies receive a separate D3 roll for movement, or do you make one D3 roll and all the applicable zombies move that amount?

Scenario

Die Zombies, Die: Though this could easily apply to the generic victory condition for all scenarios about 4 heroes being killed, but I'm curious about the condition on this card that says the zombies win if 2 heroes are killed. Does this mean the zombies have to kill them or as long as two heroes die (in an explosion, for example) then the game ends? If the zombies do have to be the ones to kill the heroes, does it matter if it's done via card effects or must the heroes die in combat against a zombie to fulfill this criteria?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
RE: Some card questions.
revolver- you make a single roll.

ill check the rest later ,, i need them infront of me.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Keys: Keys are also a scenario search item for "Escape in the Truck".
Revolver: It's one roll.

Line Dead: Not having the card in front of me, I'm not sure. However, not that a building's Pick Up ability is just a modification of a Search -- so a failed or cancelled search would cancel the pick up as well.
Dragging meat: My group does it roll for each zombie.

DZD scenario: The normal victory condition for zombies is kill four players. This scenario modifies that to be two. It doesn't matter HOW they die (some cards in expansions allow them to kill themselves!), as long as two heroes have died.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-27-2009, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the answers, but the comment about the Keys didn't really cover my question. I'm just checking that the keys can be instantly used the moment they're found to draw two more cards from the Hero Deck. Is this correct?
02-27-2009, 05:42 AM
n107 Wrote:Thanks for the answers, but the comment about the Keys didn't really cover my question. I'm just checking that the keys can be instantly used the moment they're found to draw two more cards from the Hero Deck. Is this correct?

Yes, you are. I just dug out my card to check. As soon as you get it you can use it (well, assuming you're inside a building!)
02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the answers. I appreciate all the help.
02-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Another question: If you are controlling multiple heroes (say, in a 1p game) and you have bonus starting cards due to a scenario or optional rule, who gets the items? Is it player choice?

Also, if you start your turn on the same location as a zombie inside of a building, can you still search? I looked up Search in the rulebook but it didn't say anything.
02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
n107 Wrote:Another question: If you are controlling multiple heroes (say, in a 1p game) and you have bonus starting cards due to a scenario or optional rule, who gets the items? Is it player choice?

Also, if you start your turn on the same location as a zombie inside of a building, can you still search? I looked up Search in the rulebook but it didn't say anything.

*I* always handle it as "Draw for character 1...then 2...then 3...then 4..."

Four seperate draws, each specified for each character.

I am 99% sure there is nothing stopping you from searching...just be aware you are going to fight, though you might get something better to fight with.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
02-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Another question: "The beginning of a Hero's turn," does that mean the beginning of the turn for the first hero controlled by a player or the beginning of any hero character's actions under a single player? For example, if I'm controlling all 4 heroes, can the card only play before my 1st character moves or could the card be played anytime before my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th character moves? I guess my question is, is the term Hero referring to the player in control (of which there may be 4 separate people playing) or the game character?
02-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Tommy's answers are both right. Do remember that event cards are player-specific (and kept across hero deaths). Item cards are hero-specific and go away if he dies.

I believe the FAQ in one of the books addresses when "beginning of turn" is and is not.