Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some card questions.
02-28-2009, 01:25 AM
RE: Some card questions.
mqstout Wrote:Tommy's answers are both right. Do remember that event cards are player-specific (and kept across hero deaths). Item cards are hero-specific and go away if he dies.

I believe the FAQ in one of the books addresses when "beginning of turn" is and is not.

I read in the FAQ about "when" the beginning of the turn is, but I wasn't sure if each player gets only one beginning of turn or if each character gets an individual beginning of turn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2009, 09:44 AM
New question after my latest game. If a Hero becomes a Zombie Hero by means of a card ("I Feel Kinda Strange" or "Bitten" for example), is that Hero still considered "killed" when it happens? Can a card that prevents a hero from being killed be used to stop those cards from working for a turn?
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes, that hero is killed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow, has it really been that long since I've asked a question about LNoE? Thanks for the answers, by the way.

Ok, played another game tonight (instead of AToE) and some questions came up.

When a hero is killed and a new one comes into play (via Heroes Replenish special rule), when do they enter play? Is it immediately or at the beginning of the next hero turn? I have a feeling it's in the rulebook, but when I skimmed through the sections about dead heroes and whatnot while playing the game I didn't see it.

This next question, you'll have to forgive me. I can't remember the exact card but I think it's "Back to Back". It says that zombies cannot attack a hero unless they roll 4+. Does this mean that if a fight round is started (whether by the hero or the zombie), the heroes can attack the zombie as usual but the zombie may not get to roll their dice at all? Or does it mean that the zombies can't even initiate a fight round at all against the heroes affected by the card?

Can "Catch!" work with "T.J. Thoroughbred"? Because the thought about using it came to me during the game and the image had me cracking up.

I assume Plague Carriers don't count as regular zombies for the purposes of rolling to see if zombies spawn. Is this correct?

In the "We've Got to Go Back" web scenario, if you choose Rachelle can she start with her revolver and flashlight as normal and then you still get to take 6 hero cards of your choice from the deck? Or can she not use her special ability at all for that scenario?
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Back to Back: I interpret the card as making the square temporarily work like the Cornfield for each hero in it. Any zombie trying to attack has to roll said 4+ before the fight can begin -- failure results in the fight not occurring. If the heroes instigate the fight, the zombies get their roll.

Catch: There's nothing to indicate that Catch wouldn't work with the horsie. Maybe the item just represents the carrot on a stick? In my most recent game, someone used the horse AND the "go through walls" card at the same time. Effectively, she jumped the horse through the window.

Plague Carriers: In most scenarios, I believe they do. I don't have the GH rulebook handy to verify for sure. I'd read there.

We've Got to Go Back: She'll still start with her items. Selecting the six bonus cards is a group thing. It's just saying that Jake's ability won't work (AKA, it's not draw 12, keep 6.) No one else has a draw-affecting ability at this time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-13-2009, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2009 01:00 PM by n107.)
I looked in the GH rulebook, but I didn't recall seeing anything about the Plague Carriers in this instance. Though it's likely I overlooked something as usual. The reason I ask is, in the scenario, all 7 of them start out on the board immediately as well as the usual spawning of zombies. Plus they can't move normally, so if they do count as regular zombies, they can severely lower the chances of other, mobile zombies to take the field to keep the Plague Carriers from getting picked off too easily.

Oh, and any comment as to when new heroes come into play?
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
n107 Wrote:Oh, and any comment as to when new heroes come into play?

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....g_the_Game

New Heroes/Zombie Heroes entering play mid-game
When a new Hero or Zombie Hero enters play during the game (usually the result of a Hero being killed during the Sun Track Black Zone or when a player loses their last Hero), they are placed immediately, but do not participate in the current phase of the turn. After the current phase is over, the model acts normally for the rest of the game.

For instance, if a new Hero enters play during the Fight Heroes phase of the Zombie Turn, and is placed in a space with existing Zombies, the new Hero does NOT have to fight this turn (he does not participate in the Zombie Fight Heroes phase).

Note that during the Hero Turn, each Hero has their own set of phases (Move, Fight, etc). If a Hero is killed during their Fight Zombies phase and a new Hero is placed, that new Hero DOES still get to act this turn (Move, Fight, etc).