Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some doubts on very basic rules!
07-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Some doubts on very basic rules!
OK guys, what are your thoughts on these rules, and sorry in advance if these questions were already adressed in the past.

1) Handy Jenny.
Can you use it whenever any hero is going to roll to check if his/her weapons break? Or does it affect only her weapons?

If we could use her ability as we do with Becky, where she can only heal heroes in the same space, it would make more sense to me (maybe a houserule here?).

2) Father Joseph's Strenght of Spirit
If the zombie player is going to use something that demands a roll, like 'My God, They've Taken the...' or a fight card that adds fight dices to zombies or whatever, can I wait for the Dice results BEFORE I use the strenght of spirit?

(... there's one tricky little Father, eh?)

3) Using weapons in fights
If I have a Meat Cleaver and a Chainsaw. Should I choose my weapon BEFORE the fight begins? Or should I roll my fight dice and based on that determine which one I will use.
If the second option is the case, if the Zombie Player requires me to roll my dice, do I have the option to re-select my weapon?

For instance: The hero rolls a 2 and 6, zed rolled a 4. I'll go for the Meat Cleaver. Zombies make me re-roll and I get 4 and 5. Then, I'll switch to the Chainsaw and only then rolls my extra dice and thus potentially making a mess out of our good ol' pal The Zombie.

That's it guys, hope you can help me out on these little issues!
Thanks in advance!

Leo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Some doubts on very basic rules!
Hi

1) Nope, Jenny can only use her ability with she rolls a weapon break. Like Billy can only add 1 to his movement

2) Yes, but ! When a Zombie player uses a card, Father Joe can cancel right then.

If you wait, like OMG Thev've taken over the......If you cancel the card after the die roll. You only cancel the Taken Over Marker. The Zombies still take the feild, in the selected building.

ALSO When a Zombie player uses a card to add dice to a fight. Father Joe needs to cancel it before fight dice have been rolled. Father Joe can not Cancel fight dice once they been rolled.

3) Ummm Yes. ALWAYS roll you basic 2 fight dice (2 fist) first. Then declare the weapon. if you rolled a 6 you obviously used the meat clever. if you are still losing the fight, then decide if you want to use the chainsaw. Like in your example Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
(07-12-2012 06:50 PM)LFuzer Wrote:  OK guys, what are your thoughts on these rules, and sorry in advance if these questions were already adressed in the past.

1) Handy Jenny.
Can you use it whenever any hero is going to roll to check if his/her weapons break? Or does it affect only her weapons?

If we could use her ability as we do with Becky, where she can only heal heroes in the same space, it would make more sense to me (maybe a houserule here?).

It only affects weapons that Jenny is carrying. All hero abilities unless stated otherwise only affect the hero that has the ability.

2) Father Joseph's Strenght of Spirit
If the zombie player is going to use something that demands a roll, like 'My God, They've Taken the...' or a fight card that adds fight dices to zombies or whatever, can I wait for the Dice results BEFORE I use the strenght of spirit?
(... there's one tricky little Father, eh?)

On the FAQs on flyingfrogwiki:

Q11: How does Father Joseph’s Strength of Spirit ability work?
A11: Strength of Spirit may be used at any time to attempt to Cancel a Zombie Card being played or that ‘Remains in Play’.

For me it is very clear however anytime means you can wait the roll and then decide before the effect applies to try and cancel the zombie card.

3) Using weapons in fights
If I have a Meat Cleaver and a Chainsaw. Should I choose my weapon BEFORE the fight begins? Or should I roll my fight dice and based on that determine which one I will use.
If the second option is the case, if the Zombie Player requires me to roll my dice, do I have the option to re-select my weapon?

For instance: The hero rolls a 2 and 6, zed rolled a 4. I'll go for the Meat Cleaver. Zombies make me re-roll and I get 4 and 5. Then, I'll switch to the Chainsaw and only then rolls my extra dice and thus potentially making a mess out of our good ol' pal The Zombie.

Ok let's go by parts on this one...

A) You can roll your initial fight dice and then choose if you want to add any weapon bonuses. The only way you couldn't is if any weapon states that you must choose if you're using or not by the start of the fight... As the Sledgehammer.

B) You can use any number of weapons you can carry... if you wanna you may roll 3 dices (Extra one, because the chainsaw) and if you get a 6 you get the chance to use the meat cleaver.

C) Lastly, the instant kill ability of the meat cleaver. If you roll a 6 you get instantly the opportunity to use it's ability if you choose so... the fight ends AND no card can revert that... the wounds result of this fight still may be prevented however the fight has happened and ended with the hero as the winner.

That's it guys, hope you can help me out on these little issues!
Thanks in advance!

Leo

You're welcome...
Good gaming friend...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
1: Abilities on a hero only work for that hero, unless otherwise stated (Father Joe's cancel).
2: You cannot. Once dice are rolled, the card has taken effect and it's too late to cancel. If it was a "remains in play" card, you can cancel it still -- but any other things it may have done (such as filling a building with zombies) will not go away; just the taken over market.
3: Unless otherwise stated, you roll dice first and then choose to add Combat Bonuses as you desire. But, in your example, once you've used the cleaver, it's in for the combat even after you've rerolled. Once you've decided to use the Combat Bonus, the weapon's counted as used for the Fight.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 08:22 PM
PJON and Mqstout were right i've misunderstood a couple things about cancelling...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Thank you very much guys! As usual you're so much help.

The definition "Abilities on a hero only work for that hero, unless otherwise stated (Father Joe's cancel)", as mqstout put it, definetely answers my question on Jenny's Handy ability, or any other hero's.

In her card, we read:
"May add or subtract one to any roll when testing to see if a Hand Weapon Breaks."
and I was confused by the sentence...

Thanks again, PJON, mqstout and J0hnnn! You guys are awesome!