Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some more details from Jason...
06-21-2010, 09:56 PM
RE: Some more details from Jason...
Has no one bitten for any more questions? Can you tell us about one of the scenarios -- heros vs Martians win conditions?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Gah, that was gonna be my question.
Oh well...I'm gonna be annoying now, Jason.. just to warn you :-)

Does the fact, that you're going to release Invasion mean that development on LNoE has stopped? It seems to me, that Invasion has a more...colourful...graphic scheme. It seems a bit more cheery to me. I love the dark theme of LNoE, and would love to se more content made specifically for that game - new expansions, more scenarios, more web-only content even.

And, in case you don't feel like answering that question, here's a more Invasion-related one :-)
Fans have made rules for fire for LNoE. Have you considered adding fire to Invasion? A scenario with the Carnies having to escape from the flames, while the Matians hunt them down, or something?
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Brichs Wrote:And, in case you don't feel like answering that question, here's a more Invasion-related one :-)
Fans have made rules for fire for LNoE. Have you considered adding fire to Invasion? A scenario with the Carnies having to escape from the flames, while the Matians hunt them down, or something?

From a reply on the BGG thread:
We played a game the other day of 'Defend the Big Top' (the 'Defend the Manor House' scenario, but on the carnival boards with Zombies trying to overrun the Big Top Tent at the center of the board). I had R.J. Flannigan the Ringmaster running circles around the Big Top, dousing spaces left and right with Kerosene and then Cassidy the Trickshooter came out and lit one of them on fire (IFOS includes rules for Fires breaking out and spreading around the board - this crosses over directly for use in LNOE as well). It ended up creating a massive circle of Fire around the Big Top that was burning Zombies up all around. Any that managed to make it through the Fire, I started smashing with Carl the Strongman who was wielding his double-handed, Massive Hammer (extremely deadly vs Zombies - splat). Of course this almost burned the Big Top down, which would have lost me the game, but it was totally great!

Sounds great, eh?
06-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Yay :-)
06-22-2010, 10:31 PM
mqstout Wrote:Has no one bitten for any more questions? Can you tell us about one of the scenarios -- heros vs Martians win conditions?

Sure. One of the Senarios is called "Wipe Them Out!" and features Crowd markers (groups of human spectators that are at the carnival). The Martians have been given the order to wipe out the humans and so must hunt down and vaporize 4 out of the 5 Crowd markers to win the game (Crowds are large markers the same size as a Lights Out marker and have 4 health). They move around the board randomly as they run in terror.

The Heroes can get into a Crowd's space and then either hide in the Crowd (so they can't be attacked) or defend the Crowd (so that the Crowd can't be attacked). This leads to some intense situations as the Heroes must risk their lives to defend the civilians at the carnival!

- Jason
06-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Brichs Wrote:Does the fact, that you're going to release Invasion mean that development on LNoE has stopped? It seems to me, that Invasion has a more...colourful...graphic scheme. It seems a bit more cheery to me. I love the dark theme of LNoE, and would love to se more content made specifically for that game - new expansions, more scenarios, more web-only content even.

Our plan has always been to support all of our games indefintely into the future. The goal is to continue releasing new content and expansion material for all of our games over time to continue supporting the community and the games as a hobby. This hasn't changed.

As to the tone and look of the games, each game is meant to have its own feel and character to it, but all of them are intended to fit into the same world - the world of Flying Frog if you will. Zombie03

There is already work being done, not only on the next games, but also additional material for all of the games (LNOE, ATOE, IFOS, COPE, etc). One thing that will happen is that when a game is initially released, there will be a period of a couple years when you see more frequent additional material, and then it will settle into a pattern of releasing new material over time (maybe once a year or so). I believe it's much better to have a slow and steady pace to keep up the quality, rather than to release a bunch of stuff at breakneck speed and have the quality suffer and oversaturate the game. Our intent has always been to be in this for the long haul, not to burn bright and burn out. :P

- Jason
06-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the reply. You've made me happy :-)

New question! (You just say when you've had enough :-p)

Have you ever considered making a mall for the LNOE/IFOS system?
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Brichs Wrote:Thanks for the reply. You've made me happy :-)

Sure, how could you not think about that with the Zombie genre. That's all I can say about that. ;>

- Jason
06-24-2010, 12:17 PM
jchill7 Wrote:
Brichs Wrote:Thanks for the reply. You've made me happy :-)

Sure, how could you not think about that with the Zombie genre. That's all I can say about that. ;>

- Jason

That's good enough for me :-)

When do you think the game will be available for purchase, for us non-con-goers?
06-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Brichs Wrote:When do you think the game will be available for purchase, for us non-con-goers?

Should be available September/October. We will have a pre-order up on the official webstore (with bonus) as usual. Zombie17

- Jason