Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some questions.
03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Some questions.
Just got the game yesterday and was able to play 2 games today. I'm still not quite sure what to think of it yet as I'm not playing the advanced game and not getting the full experience. But a few questions had come up during my trial run, so I hope I can find some answers here.

1. The Mystery Card, "Attacked!" (I think it's called.) It says to roll on the minion chart and see what attacks you. I was going against the Spectral Horseman and rolled a 4 which is technically an event. However, the event is the Horseman engages the hero in a fight. So does that count as the "what attacks you" or must it be one of the actual minions?

2. The Spectral Horseman's ability says that at the end of every fight he races to the town center. I assume he moves the full way on one turn, right? But the real question I have is, does this also come into effect at the end of fight rounds in the Showdown? In other words, if you don't beat him in one shot in the first showdown fight, does he race away and need to be found in a different lair to try to finish him off? Or is that ability only for other encounters (such as mentioned in question 1 about the minion card)?

3a. The town square lets you pick two cards from the event deck and keep one. It doesn't tell you what to do with the other? Is it put back on top the event deck or is it discarded?
3b. What happens if one of the two cards is a "Play Immediately" card? Are you forced to take that one and play it immediately? Does it play instantly and you get to keep the other card anyhow? Or do you make a decision on which card to keep first?

4. If you are in a fight in the same space as a Militia token and you take more wounds than you can hold, must the extra wounds go onto the Militia token? Or can you just accept all damage, including any extra, and just be KO'd thereby leaving the Militia members safe?

That's all I can remember for now. If I think of more later, I'll post again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
RE: Some questions.
Here Goes:Zombie03

1.I think it was a Location Card not a Mistery Card:

-FFP has this in their new FAQ-ATTACKED it now says "work
out the Result"so it appears if you roll an Event thats
what you use.We always rerolled until we got a minion
but looks like we were wrong.

2.You assume correct but notice on the SH Board it states
"non Showdown Rounds"So its only for non Showdown
encounters..like Attacked.

3.The other Card is discarded face up...We play if you draw 2
Cards you can choose either but if you choose a Play
Immidately Card you of course have to play it.In no case
can you keep the non selected Card.

4.Milita- Your choice as to damage giving it to the Hero
or Milita,however if more wounds are rolled than what
your Hero & Milita have then the Milita must also take the
wound (and be eliminated).This is how we play based on
the wording about Milita in the Rulebook "can take a wound
for the Hero".It does work differently in the Showdown.

If anyone else can point to different answers please
chime inZombie17

n-its great you got the Game once you have the basic get to the advanced rules...thats where the real Game is:cool:

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Thank you for your quick answers. I appreciate you going through the trouble to type it all up.

Yeah, it was a location card. I got it in the Abandoned Keep, I believe.

As for number 4, I also read it to mean "can" not "must", as in you don't need to share your wounds with the Militia. So you could have your character get KO'd if you wanted to, rather than spread out the damage. However, when the damage was in excess of what a hero could take, I didn't know if it was possible to let the hero absorb it all or if it absolutely had to apply to the militia also. I can see it working both ways, but I wanted to see if there was an exact ruling on the issue.
03-08-2009, 07:35 AM
More questions:

If player 1 starts a Showdown and player 2 pays the cost to join, if the heroes escape and end the Showdown, does player 2 still get to take her turn before the Mystery Phase?

If Lord Holbrook takes one point of damage and is sent back to town, does the damage stay with him permanently?

Can a hero escape from a fight onto a space with Crows on it since they aren't a minion that fights?
03-08-2009, 03:10 PM
n107 Wrote:More questions:

If player 1 starts a Showdown and player 2 pays the cost to join, if the heroes escape and end the Showdown, does player 2 still get to take her turn before the Mystery Phase?

If Lord Holbrook takes one point of damage and is sent back to town, does the damage stay with him permanently?

Can a hero escape from a fight onto a space with Crows on it since they aren't a minion that fights?

OD saysZombie17

1.A hero escaping doesn't end the Showdown (only the Villian
escaping does) the Showdown continues as long as a
Hero is left.

2.Good Question! its covered in the rulebook p.26 FAQ
He heals.

3.Yes-it's noted on the Scarecrow's Minion Chart for Crows.

03-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Old Dwarf Wrote:
n107 Wrote:More questions:

OD saysZombie17

1.A hero escaping doesn't end the Showdown (only the Villian
escaping does) the Showdown continues as long as a
Hero is left.

2.Good Question! its covered in the rulebook p.26 FAQ
He heals.

3.Yes-it's noted on the Scarecrow's Minion Chart for Crows.

Thanks again for your reply but I don't think I was clear on my first question. I want to know if the last hero in a Showdown escapes and the Showdown ends, does that hero still get their individual turn that they would have had otherwise?
03-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Well try thisZombie17

This seems confusing:rolleyes:

The Hero who started the Showdown escapes his turn ends.
If a 2nd Hero is present the Showdown continues if that
Hero escapes or if the 2nd Hero escapes first then the 2nd Hero
gets his regular turn providing that he/she had not taken a turn
before the other hero started the Showdown.

The Rulebook is not really clear at least to me but it would
seem that a 2nd Hero joining a Showdown in progress
and escaping would still be able to have his regular turn
if he had not already taken it.

OD

03-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Old Dwarf Wrote:The Rulebook is not really clear at least to me but it would
seem that a 2nd Hero joining a Showdown in progress
and escaping would still be able to have his regular turn
if he had not already taken it.

OD

That's what I thought. In the game, the character who started the showdown was the first player for the turn. The second character joined in. After a few rounds, the first player was KO'd and the second character finished her attack but the villain was nowhere near death. So before the next round, the second hero escaped. Since that character didn't have an individual turn before the first player started the showdown, I figured that she would still be eligible to have her own turn and played it that way.
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
New question:

If I draw a minion card (Assassin, Highwayman, Angry Trees, etc.) do I play a token on the board space for that minion? I ask because the name of the trees card is different from the name on the token. Or does the card just act as the minion? If that's the case, does it stay on the board if the investigator is KO'd or is it discarded however the fight ends?
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
n107 Wrote:New question:

If I draw a minion card (Assassin, Highwayman, Angry Trees, etc.) do I play a token on the board space for that minion? I ask because the name of the trees card is different from the name on the token. Or does the card just act as the minion? If that's the case, does it stay on the board if the investigator is KO'd or is it discarded however the fight ends?

Card generated attacks by Minions are dicarded after
the Hero wins,KO'd or escapes.(no counter is placed on the
Board for them).

Minion attacks generated by the Minion Chart do
have counters placed on the Board & stay on the Board
until defeated(unless the Minion chart notes otherwise).

OD