Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some questions...
10-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Some questions...
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and hope you can help me out!

1. When ko'ed and at the same time defeated a minion, do you gain the victory prize, the investigation tokens, before rolling for your loss of items/allies/investigation tokens? In other words, could you use the tokens gained by defeating the minion for your k.o. penalty?

2. What is considered an empty space? For example for the bog fiend villain attack on event roll 5-6.

3. Order's influence cards state "While XX is alive do XX, if she/he is dead or joined the villain, do XX. Does that mean, when they die while the card is in play, you have to meet the second condition on the card? Or is the card simply discarded?

4. Advanced rules showdown chart #12: ko'ed heroes are revived - does that mean they automatically join the showdown fight again?

5. Captain Hawkins Militia ability of moving Militia to fight minions - when paying 1 investigation token to fight a minion, does the Militia have to move or can it fight the minion currently in the same space? If the Militia doesn't move and doesn't need to move to engage in a roll-out for the minion, do you still have to pay the 1 investigation token cost to use the Militia to "fight" the minion?

6. How is a secret discarded? (in reference to one of the reveal immediately secrets)

7. If an Elder is on the board during a showdown and actually in the showdown location but not taken into the hunting group, do heroes gain their spirit/cunning/honor? (this would be important for tests on lair cards or maybe a test on a villain ability)

8. When fighting the Unspeakable Horror - in a nonshowdown fight, you have to fight the crimson hands - when that happens, do you get 5 investigation tokens defeating them as per minion chart, or 4 tokens as per 1 for each wound given "to the villain"?

9. On the same subject: When the villain is the Unspeakable Horror and the "Laying in wait" card is out, will the card be discarded when fighting a crimson hand due to the fact that you can't fight the villain itself until showdown?

Thanks a bunch!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2010, 01:48 PM
RE: Some questions...
wow, so 17 people looked at this... does really no one have any answers to any of these questions? Insane19
10-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Hm, I missed this thread.

#1: http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....ly_Results "When a Minion is defeated, it is considered a Victory for the Hero (even if the Hero has also been KO’d). The Hero gains any Victory bonus listed on the enemy’s Minion Chart entry or card." The order in which the victory reward is given isn't specified. I would say that you would get them before you choose what to discard.

#2: An empty space is one without a minion counter.

#3: If they die while the card is out, the card is then discarded -- but with its effect.

#4: Note that that chart isn't for the advanced game, but for the cooperative game. They do not automatically join the fight. They can choose to.

#5: (I don't have it/SW handy to answer.)

#6: There are event cards that do this. See Gossip and Rumors.

#7: I'm not sure what you mean by an elder being in a showdown location? Elders are not on the board.

#8, #9: (I don't have it/SW handy to answer.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2010, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2010 11:56 PM by Kyria.)
(10-23-2010 03:31 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Hm, I missed this thread.

#1: http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....ly_Results "When a Minion is defeated, it is considered a Victory for the Hero (even if the Hero has also been KO’d). The Hero gains any Victory bonus listed on the enemy’s Minion Chart entry or card." The order in which the victory reward is given isn't specified. I would say that you would get them before you choose what to discard.

#2: An empty space is one without a minion counter.

#3: If they die while the card is out, the card is then discarded -- but with its effect.

#4: Note that that chart isn't for the advanced game, but for the cooperative game. They do not automatically join the fight. They can choose to.

#5: (I don't have it/SW handy to answer.)

#6: There are event cards that do this. See Gossip and Rumors.

#7: I'm not sure what you mean by an elder being in a showdown location? Elders are not on the board.

#8, #9: (I don't have it/SW handy to answer.)

Hi mqstout,

Thanks for your answers!

#3 - so, do I understand you correctly? ---> you'd have to discard the card and resolve whatever it says under "if the elder is dead or has joined the villain"?

#4 I checked again, it actually IS from the advanced game not from cooperative. But it states that in a cooperative game heroes may join the fight. So in other words you have a choice to join or not to join. But another question on that is: if the hero was ko'ed and thus revived during that - do they still get to join if they wish to? (The reason I'm asking this is because if a hero was in the fight against the villain and gets ko'ed in the process, then that number gets rolled, does that hero get the chance to rejoin the fight?!)

#6 So as I understand, secrets can ONLY be removed through those event cards, yes?

#7 What I meant by an elder being in a showdown location, was with those special cards, where you have to put the elder token on the board

So thanks again!

Anyone know an answer for #5, 8 and 9?
10-24-2010, 12:50 AM
#3: Yes. They key word here is "while".
#4: Okay, yes. It's an optional rule. In a cooperative game using this optional chart, yes. When revived by this, any hero may join the showdown -- even if they were not in it initially (They're taking up the Good Fight.)
#6: Yes.

#7: Example? I don't remember any of those. My gut says that the card's rules [having an Elder token on the board] will not alter the way the showdown works, unless the card says it does.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2010, 01:45 PM
(10-24-2010 12:50 AM)mqstout Wrote:  #3: Yes. They key word here is "while".
#4: Okay, yes. It's an optional rule. In a cooperative game using this optional chart, yes. When revived by this, any hero may join the showdown -- even if they were not in it initially (They're taking up the Good Fight.)
#6: Yes.

#7: Example? I don't remember any of those. My gut says that the card's rules [having an Elder token on the board] will not alter the way the showdown works, unless the card says it does.

#7 I don't remember the exact wording on the card but it was something to the effect that the player puts the token somewhere on the board and when someone is in the same space as that elder (token) they gain their spirit/cunning/honor for ability tests and if the shadow track moves into a new section, forward or back, the elder token has to be moved into a new space.
10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
(10-24-2010 01:45 PM)Kyria Wrote:  #7 I don't remember the exact wording on the card but it was something to the effect that the player puts the token somewhere on the board and when someone is in the same space as that elder (token) they gain their spirit/cunning/honor for ability tests and if the shadow track moves into a new section, forward or back, the elder token has to be moved into a new space.

"On The Hunt" Card-I would say that yes in this case
that Elder Stats would apply for the Hero eventhough
he/she is not a member of The Hunting Party.

Obviously this will not happen often.

M

This night...I feel your breath
This night...I hear your voice!!
When you walk my dark path, love like a bloodbath
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks Mater Tenebraum!

We played again last night and one new question came up:

During the fight with the Villain, one of the heroes got seriously injured. I played an event card on that hero to prevent all wounds taken if the hero discarded one item. Now the hero had already been wounded before, so he had a wound token applied to a jacket item. He decided to discard the jacket item to prevent those wounds. Would he have to apply that wound from the jacket item to a different place, like on his hero sheet, when the jacket is discarded or would the wound be discarded with the jacket?

Thanks!
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
The wound is discarded with the jacket, actually. Think of it as a torn-up jacket which the monster accidentally grabs instead of killing the hero.
10-26-2010, 11:13 PM
(10-25-2010 02:16 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  The wound is discarded with the jacket, actually. Think of it as a torn-up jacket which the monster accidentally grabs instead of killing the hero.

Thanks! That makes total sense Watchmen02