Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some rules that i didn't know...
04-20-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: Some rules that i didn't know...
Yeah, we've always played "choice" is any building available. I thought it was obvious. :shrug:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow! I totally missed that! Thanks for the clarification.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
04-21-2012, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 09:24 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
(04-20-2012 07:57 PM)Wade Wrote:  Yeah, we've always played "choice" is any building available. I thought it was obvious. :shrug:

I admit that when rolling for an L shaped section and then saying "Zombie Choice" I thought it was still refering to choice of section rather than skipping straight to building. Glad I've got that right now as it's a good rule.
04-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I do not agree with the 8 card because there is no way you can have all 8 cards at once in your hand in one turn.

At the start of a zombieturn is up untill the first zombie gets moved.

You can not pull 4 new cards unless you have non in your hand. So that makes 0 cards in hand to be able to get 4 new ones. If you have more than 4 cards in your hand by the end of the zombieturn you need to discard untill you have 4 left. And that means no new ones unless you play them all.

You must be very lucky (or cheecky and save up) untill you would be able to get 4 cards at the end of your turn that have "at the start of a zombieturn" wich you could play before you take 4 new ones. But that also means you will never have 8 cards at the same time since 4 are already gone.
I don't even mention the relevance of the 4 cards that gets to be played. Throwing cards down just to play them without effect on the heroes is worthless in my eyes because you show then what you have. If you discard them on the other had...not al heroes tend to look at or notice the cards you discard.

The only time you get more than 4 cards at once in your hand is when certain cards are played wich allows you to have more than 4 but they also state that you need to discard down to 4 at the end of your turn.

So basicly the first "rule" stated here is misformulated or wrong even as it is hardly impossible (with the exception of the card played) that a zombieplayer gets to extra draw cards during his turn.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2012, 02:17 PM
I guees i was misunderstood...

There is no obligation on the discard by the end of the turn. The rules for the draw

The zombie player has a hand of Four Zombie Cards. At the beginning of each zombie turn, the zombie draw up new zombie cards until they have a full hand. These cards are secret from the hero players but if there are more than one zombie player they may show each other their cards an discuss strategy.
Before drawing up, each Zombie Player may discard 1 card from hand if they wish.

The zombie player doesn't have to discard cards if he does not want it...

And by the beggining of the turn you can play any cards that doesn't have restrictions due in each part of the turn they have to be played and of course the ones that requires the beggining of the turn.

So if before moving the first zed... you play all the cards in your hand you get to draw 4 new ones. And play them normally.

Let us say you have.

2 Despair(s) ; No it can't be... ; There is no time leave it

Since none of them specifies at which time they should be play'd you can play them at any time. So at the start of your turn you throw in all of them and it's effects after resoluting them. You may draw 4 cards.

Got it emp?

Also by the end of the zombie turn you have 6 cards in hand. You don't have to discard them. The only moment you can discard cards as a zombie is by the beggining of you turn in your draw phase. And only 1 card!

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
jOhnnn....I thought you were a Hero. You speak just like a Zombie Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Well PJON... think of me as both...

don't think me as hero...
i'm more a survivor...

You have to understand all point of views... learn to behave and think alike them...

Otherwise... you won't last long...

Sometimes i let a comrade who is pledging for help go nearly to his very end... so i get the zombies to believe they gotta a chance to score... and once they are there readying their teeth and claws.... the hero gets saved by a couple of events...

Everyone curses my bones! the heroes think i should tell the plan instead of doing it alone... the zombie ends pissed because it was so close... not even the bastard who got save gets the objective... tsc tsc those people.

Anyway i love to see that frail hero escaping and everyone pissed... good times...

04-23-2012, 06:13 PM
(04-21-2012 02:17 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Got it emp?

Not really no Watchmen02

(04-21-2012 02:17 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  So if before moving the first zed... you play all the cards in your hand you get to draw 4 new ones. And play them normally.

Let us say you have.

2 Despair(s) ; No it can't be... ; There is no time leave it

Since none of them specifies at which time they should be play'd you can play them at any time. So at the start of your turn you throw in all of them and it's effects after resoluting them. You may draw 4 cards.

That still leaves you with only 4 cards in hand though correct?

(04-21-2012 02:17 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Also by the end of the zombie turn you have 6 cards in hand. You don't have to discard them. The only moment you can discard cards as a zombie is by the beggining of you turn in your draw phase. And only 1 card!

So how do you get hold of 6 (more then 4, the number does not matter) cards?

I do not know all the cards out of the top of my head so forgive me my ignorance. I'm just trying to figure this thing out so that I can Insane21 my hero-playing buddies even more. Watchmen02
I only know of one card (don't know the name) wich lets you pull extra cards but that one states that you need to discard down to 4 at the end of the turn. Or have I just completely lost my mind and dreamt this up Zombie12

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 06:26 PM by j0hnnn.)
Uuuuuh Emp...

got me there...

i was rulling only by the rulebook... that states that the zombie or heroes does not have to discard cards due hand size... however the card we were talking about "Oh... the horror!"

Somehow gives a hint that there is a hand size for the zombies and this hand size isn't only intended to design the draw system for the zeds... but is also the card limit on the zombie's hand by the end of the turn... And in this particular case states that the regular limit must be followed and excendent cards make you discard.

And it doesn't say for... it says up to your card limit... 2 zombie players you have to discard until only 2... 1 zombie player doing the REVENGE OF THE DEAD.... hand size of 6... Up to the normal limit it says...

Should have checked before posting...

tsc tsc...

Also... found this in the ffp wiki...

Q. Do Zombies have a 4 card max (specific Zombie + cards not withstanding)?
A. There is no limit to the number of cards Zombies can hold in their hands.
Though strictly speaking, there is no stated limit to the Zombie Player's hand of cards, the intent is that they normally have a hand of 4. Some cards (currently only ‘Oh, the Horror!’) allow the Zombie Player to temporarily have more than their normal hand of 4 cards (though, as stated on the card, you must discard back down at the start of the following Zombie Turn).
So you COULD say that the Zombies have a hand limit of 4 cards (which may be temporarily increased through card play).

Now you (Emp) surely got it ? I take it...

04-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi. Emp your a Zombie Player and you dont know this evil evil trick ?

ok, so its the zombie players turn. you draw
Lights Out
Hopeless
This cant be happening
Overconfidence

Its turn 3 not much is going on, cant get into any fights, maybe next turn. You could play these and just do your turn

OR you hold your cards (if you had Undead Hate the Living, you might want to try and play that or discard it)

Hero turn
Maybe someone runs into a building, some one gets seperated

Zombie Turn
Go "click" move the sun tracker. It is now the Zombie Turn.
Move the sun tracker, draw cards, move zombies are all part of the Start of the Zombie Turn, you can do it in any order you like, yeah funny huh. Just dont move a zombie Watchmen02

You play your 4 cards (the big trick is the Start of a Zombie Turn Cards, sacrifice cards are played at the start of a zombie turn. )

Lights Out
Hopeless
This cant be happening
Overconfidence

Lights out in the Gunshop with Becky in it.
Nope, the lights just blinked out for a second, but Becky is feeling a little Hopeless, and thinks This Cant Be Happening
Its ok, Sam is right outside and ready to help, but he wants to kill this Zombie first Because he is Overconfident

Draw 4 Cards

...and hope the rain of pain continues.
Undead Hate the Living
Fighting Instincts
Taken Over
Uuuuuurggg

Now thats FUN Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05