Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sorry, another Rolls Q
05-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Sorry, another Rolls Q
F.A.Q. time again.

I'm having trouble understanding the Hero rolling doubles rule and fending vs killing zombies.

I've found:
Quote:"Doubles only count when you have the higher roll to defeat the zombie. However with the use of cards you can increase the number of fight dice you roll. So if you roll three dice and get a 5, 3, and 3 and the zombie player rolls a 4 you would fend off the zombie with the 5 and defeat him with the double 3s."

So the Hero has fended off the zombie AND defeated it in the same turn? Zombie is removed from the board defeated, correct? Because the double 3's defeat the 4? ANY doubles defeat a zombie, even if the numbers are numerically lower:
Hero rolls: 1/1
Zombie rolls: 6

Hero wins and zombie is defeated (removed from board)?

And then I found this answer:
Quote:"The Hero rolls 2 Fight Dice and picks the highest roll.

The Zombie rolls 1 Fight Dice, but wins on a tie.

If the Zombie wins, the Hero takes a Wound (if it is their last wound they are killed).

Okay, so:
Hero rolls: 3/2
Zombie rolls: 3

Zombie wins, hero takes wound.

Quote:"If the Hero wins (one of their rolls is higher than the Zombie's roll), the Zombie is kept at bay and 'Fended Off'. The Zombie stays in the space, but doesn't hurt the Hero."

Now:
Hero rolls: 3/2
Zombie rolls: 1

Hero wins, Zombie is fended off

Quote:"If the Hero wins, and rolls doubles on any of their dice, the Zombie is not just 'Fended Off' but actually wounded (this is enough to kill a normal Zombie)."

Soooo:
Hero rolls:4/4
Zombie rolls: 5

Hero wins, Kills Zombie and zombie is removed from the board.

Are all of these scenarios correct?

Thanks for your patience. I was training a Zombie Player today and wasn't exactly sure...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: Sorry, another Rolls Q
The hero must have doubles and a higher roll in order to kill/wound a zombie unless stated otherwise by special cards therefore:

Hero rolls: 4/4
The hero loses and takes a wound

If the hero rolled 3 dice
Hero rolls: 4/4/6
Zombie is wounded
05-21-2016, 05:59 AM
Boil it down to two basic axioms:

1. If any of your dice are higher than the highest of the zombie's dice you fend it off. (no wound to either party)

2. If any of your dice are higher than the highest of the zombie's dice and you have doubles on any of your dice, you deal one wound to the zombie. (in most cases this is a kill, but for zombie heroes it's a wound)

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-21-2016, 10:44 PM
(05-21-2016 05:59 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Boil it down to two basic axioms:

1. If any of your dice are higher than the highest of the zombie's dice you fend it off. (no wound to either party)

2. If any of your dice are higher than the highest of the zombie's dice and you have doubles on any of your dice, you deal one wound to the zombie. (in most cases this is a kill, but for zombie heroes it's a wound)

So.

Hero rolls: 6/6
Zombie wins on tie?

(Side question: Event townsfolk card: Mr. Hyde, the Shop Teacher "Add or Subtract 1 to any fight dice"; Can the card be used on a roll of natural 6's?)

Watchmen02
05-23-2016, 01:25 AM
(05-21-2016 10:44 PM)Billy Bones Wrote:  So.

Zombie wins on tie?

(Side question: Event townsfolk card: Mr. Hyde, the Shop Teacher "Add or Subtract 1 to any fight dice"; Can the card be used on a roll of natural 6's?)

Watchmen02

Yes, the Zombie wins on a tie, regardless of whether the Hero rolled doubles or not.

As for your side question, yes, you can add to a fight die that was a natural six and it will then be a seven. However, you can never subtract below a 1, 1 is always the minimum.
05-24-2016, 10:34 AM
(05-21-2016 10:44 PM)Billy Bones Wrote:  
(05-21-2016 05:59 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Boil it down to two basic axioms:

So.

Zombie wins on tie?

Watchmen02
Yup, see the two axioms - none of your dice are higher than the zombie's. Zombie wins.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...