Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spawning Pit Disruption Rules
10-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Spawning Pit Disruption Rules
Hi. I was wondering....

I have always wanted to, and I played a scenario, where spawning pit rules were relaxed Watchmen02

When playing scenarios, with 6 or more L boards. The Zombie Player should be allowed to; Spawn equally over a minimum of 3 Spawning Pits, at the Zombie Player discretion.

In the game I played with this rule, there was another rule with it. It stated…minimum of 3 spawning pits, but also stated, Zombies must spawn on a board with a Hero on it. In 2 separate games with two separate groups, they both left a Hero behind to screw with the spawning rule. I think that is just cheesey. To sacrifice a Hero, just to mess up spawning is cheesey. Sometimes spawning with 6 or more L boards can be stupid. Especially when it late or early, in the game and the Heroes are headed for anything. Im not implying, I want to corner or block the Heroes every move. But I wanna have fun and play the game, not just chase you around town.

Example, last night I played a game with every LNOE board. We were into out 7th turn when we had our first fight. By then I held or stacked so many cards it was an easy kill. I managed to creep 2 Zombies in Rachelle’s space. I played Overwhelmed followed by Fighting Instincts. Picked the Chainsaw, and won. (so glad she didn’t make her intuition) I had Bitten incase I lost and another Zombie fight.

Spawn equally over a minimum of 3 Spawning Pits, at the Zombie Player discretion. Maybe 4 pits ???

What is your opinion? Any thoughts?

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
RE: Spawning Pit Disruption Rules
If people are taking advantage of the rules, you definitely should house rule those kinds of things away. The zombie players choice thing sounds reasonable to me. I don't think 4 pits would make that much difference
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
There would need to be some ruling in favor of the heroes to balance, but I'd say making it zombie's choice over 4 pits would keep the game flowing best.
10-12-2011, 05:16 PM
You might try to coopt the "moving spawning pits" from IFOS (the space ships) to a LNOE scenario. The infectious red zombies are the effective spawning pits. If there are no red zombies, only the spawning pits on the board are available.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi Mqstout.

Posted by mqstout - Today 12:16 PM
You might try to coopt the "moving spawning pits" from IFOS (the space ships) to a LNOE scenario
I dont have IFOS, yet Watchmen02

Posted by mqstout - Today 12:16 PM
The infectious red zombies are the effective spawning pits. If there are no red zombies, only the spawning pits on the board are available.

Yes, there is a type of Grave Dead (red Zombie) that can be the Spawning pit. That only allows for 1 type of Grave Dead. Also, once they are killed, they dont return to the game.

I guess, maybe its just me ??? When people create these huge 6 to 8 L board custom scenarios. They really should consider the size and lay out of the game boards. "All Hallow Eve" for instance. The game ends in the center of town. When Spawning from the outer boards. With out a handful of Shamble. It would take 6 to 8 (i dont have the boards in front of me to count) moves or turns for them to even be considered a threat. I only have 2 Relentless Advance's, that still does not get them much closer. Dragging Meat is another space. Thats a whole bunch of lucky card draws. Seriously, with 8 or less turns remaining, i would rather just throw the zombies away then spawn them knowing they will never reach anywhere.

Is it the game designers intent to have Zombies Spawn in locations that are useless to the game play ?

If someone is going to change the normal lay out, they should take into consideration other board effects. Like they added Pinch Points for Students when they realized they cut access off. Maybe the Balance for adding 2 or more L Boards should be adding less restrictive Spawning Pits. What is the Balance for adding Pinch Points ? Adding Doors is balanced by them to stay Locked. Skipp Pinch Points and just add Doors.

Just saying
Hugz

10-12-2011, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 02:51 PM by mqstout.)
In large maps, designate only four of them as "must balance" spawning pits, and the rest are "optional"?

Meaning, if you spawn in any of the four "central" ones, you can't double up on them until you balance evenly on the other "central" ones. You can spawn without restriction at the "optional" (I'd declare them "peripheral") ones.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi and Thank You for understanding my point. When using a large map designs, of 6 or more L boards. ( i have seen mainly games with 8 L boards). Using 4 required Spawning Pits and the rest otional. Keeping in mind, you must always Spawn evenly. Unless specified by the specific scenario. I think that is very fair. I feel this would help game play.

Thankz