Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Specualtion on The Coast
08-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Specualtion on The Coast
Looking over the back of the box and whatever map pics I can find, and knowing ATOE very well, I am given to speculate:

A difficulty with SW was that there are no Event Card spaces. You can heal at the Inn and you can equip at the monastery, there are 'Corner' locations and 'road' locations (Bog is the same as the Fields)...but no Power Up spots (Church and Magistrate) and no spots to get Event Cards.

That (plus the rule about minions moving to the Town Hall) made Echo Lake unusuable as a sole board. Another element is that characters returned to Town Hall when defeated and began the game in Shadowbrook locations - thus forcing them to go there. So...Echo Lake had little new to offer the distance required to go there (since ATOE is a race against time game, basically).

Will the Coast be different? I think so... it mentions 'Vilage Locations' on the back of the box....so, players may want to go to Tidewater and be allowed to stay over there...

08-18-2012, 04:32 AM
RE: Specualtion on The Coast
I'll try to get you some stuff on the Coast from Gencon tomorrow. Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
(08-18-2012 04:32 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I'll try to get you some stuff on the Coast from Gencon tomorrow. Watchmen02

We'll all be waiting.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2012, 02:14 PM
(08-17-2012 03:27 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  Another element is that characters returned to Town Hall when defeated and began the game in Shadowbrook locations - thus forcing them to go there. So...Echo Lake had little new to offer the distance required to go there (since ATOE is a race against time game, basically).

It has been a while since I have last played ATOE, but in the case of KO's, I thought it was dependent on which board you are on... If you are KO'd on the Shadowbrook board, wake up at Town Hall; KO'd on the Echo Lake board, wake up at the Monastary....

I think the Village will have similar locations to Tidewater, to make it viable for the characters to travel there. The new set of Heroes very likely have starting points in the Coast, so I would think that there will be something missing in Tidewater that Shadowbrook has to pull those characters inland, and vice verca...
08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
The FFP booth was swamped every time I went by Insane19
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2012, 05:19 PM
(08-20-2012 03:30 PM)mqstout Wrote:  The FFP booth was swamped every time I went by Insane19

Good for them! Too bad you weren't able to check it out though.
08-20-2012, 11:36 PM
(08-20-2012 03:30 PM)mqstout Wrote:  The FFP booth was swamped every time I went by Insane19

I'll bet! Good to know though. I've been counting down the days to Gencon for a very different reason. I figure once we got IT out of the way, things can start shipping! Zombie17
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
08-21-2012, 06:25 AM
The lack of solid news reporting is very strange to me...I guess this is my first official convention season though. I'm used to events like ToyFair and San Diego Comic-Con where you hear news about nearly everything from multiple outlets. I'd expected to hear specific reports on how the board and new villains worked as soon as GenCon started.
08-21-2012, 10:55 PM
(08-21-2012 06:25 AM)JRSly Wrote:  The lack of solid news reporting is very strange to me...I guess this is my first official convention season though. I'm used to events like ToyFair and San Diego Comic-Con where you hear news about nearly everything from multiple outlets. I'd expected to hear specific reports on how the board and new villains worked as soon as GenCon started.

Check BGG. A fellow who bough one there posted some good info. I'm so stoked now the wait is "MURDER! MURRRRDERRRR!!!!": Zombie17
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 10:53 AM by Old Dwarf.)
Here's what Chris Weaver posted on BGG

"4 villians:
A horde of Ghosts called the Sunken Seven
The Siren
Ghost Ship
And the Dreamweaver (think Freddy Kruger)

Some other cool things:
-new map that would go to the right of other maps with three new areas where they have their own decks: abandoned ship, smugglers cove, and the lighthouse
-3 new elders who start with 2 secrets
-more cards for the base game
-the kraken, which pops up once in a while
-keys, that you go to a random location to use
- a secret passage to the abandoned keep
4 new characters
Tons of other stuff'"

That must be one hell of a Tunnel to reach the abandon keep!
Can't wait.

OD

and this follow up

" The dreamweaver is not on the box cover; it actually has the worst villian art I have seen yet. She looks like a young lady with a bad black simple halloween costume and a red blindfold over her eyes. If the hair was wet a scraggly and falling over her face, and if she looked more haggard and old, it would have looked MUCH more scary, especially with the blindfold.

Harpies are a siren minion. Haven't played her but she looks tough! Good art too.

The ghostship and lost ship are limited to an area called the icy waters. The marker for both ships are on the same marker. One on front, one on the back.

The sunken seven are the minions seperately, and together they are a group for the showdown. When you defeat them in minion form (they all start the game in random locations), you get their bones, which can be used as a bonus for the showdown. The good thing about the seven is that they force you to use all four skills, not just combat. "

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: