Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Specualtion on The Coast
10-23-2012, 07:34 AM
RE: Specualtion on The Coast
Professor fate has an excellent point- the sw and coast boards lack places to train up stats. I propose a variant where the barracks can be used to train up combat.

I'd like there to also be a place to train up honor. The logical choice for me would be the inn (where you can buy a slug of 'dutch courage') but the inn already has so much going on. Maybe the docks? There would be a lot of dockside pubs and gambling dens.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Good observations. I've been toying w/ the idea of places that would substitute for the Church, Magistrate's & Blacksmith on each board so you could play each board as a stand alone. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I can see where you are coming form on the training aspect. I would imagine you could train cunning on the docks in Echo lake, as ports are usually nefarious places where the meek and meager are more oft than not robbed of all their possessions. Therefore pay two investigation, roll a test of cunning at the docks and gain 1 cunning.

I would imagine that Spirit could be trained at the monastery as that is the true function of a monastery, teach/practice spiritual living. therefore, pay two investigation, roll a spirit test, if make it gain 1 spirit.

However, honor is a hard thing to teach. Honor comes with a sense of self and worthiness. I would say to boost honor one would have to face the villain for a round and win (not get ko'd). If they do they can choose either gain the investigation listed or gain 1 honor.

Its a thought.
10-26-2012, 06:12 PM
And a very good thought(s) too!!
11-02-2012, 12:17 AM
My copy of The Coast is on the way, I'm very excited, but it's taking a little longer than I anticipated Insane19
11-04-2012, 07:46 PM
If you use the Hunting the Night Variant by Pfr_Fate, you can add an extra rule if you fail when attempting a search on an expansion board. Upon a search skill check fail, you get a permanent +1 to that skill, once per location (not once per player). This would encourage traveling out East early.