Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lights Out - Ranged Weapons
01-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Lights Out - Ranged Weapons
Does Lights Out prevent the use of Ranged Weapons?

We derived from the cards text that the Lights Out primarily dealt with movement reduction of Heroes in the Lights Out building. But, Ranged Attack Rule Book text says, paraphrase "...a Hero must be able to see the enemy...". Are Zombies in a Lights Out building unable to be seen by Heroes in a Lights Out Building?

I think we played this wrong last night and allowed targeting in the dark.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
RE: Lights Out - Ranged Weapons
(01-02-2011 06:33 PM)Nebulon Wrote:  Does Lights Out prevent the use of Ranged Weapons?

We derived from the cards text that the Lights Out primarily dealt with movement reduction of Heroes in the Lights Out building. But, Ranged Attack Rule Book text says, paraphrase "...a Hero must be able to see the enemy...". Are Zombies in a Lights Out building unable to be seen by Heroes in a Lights Out Building?

I think we played this wrong last night and allowed targeting in the dark.

It does not affect ranged weapons. What you are referring to is the line of sight regarding the position of heros and zombies in relation to walls of a building.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
RE: Lights Out - Ranged Weapons
Quote:It does not affect ranged weapons. What you are referring to is the line of sight regarding the position of heros and zombies in relation to walls of a building.

Sounds like we played it correctly. LOS for ranged weapons is not affected by darkness.

Thanks.