Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stacy's Glasses
05-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Stacy's Glasses
So I got Hero Pack One for Last Night On Earth and I'm trying to get some paint onto those figures. I'm hitting a little bit of a wall with Stacy, the investigative reporter. In all her pictures she's wearing glasses, but they don't appear on the figure. I don't want her to be missing such an iconic part of her look, but even using a toothpick as a "brush," I can't get it to look right by just painting the glasses on. I had the same trouble back when I painted Doc Brody and Mr. Hyde, (pictures included.) The doc came out not too bad, witch a little bit of luck and with the fact that a couple of white dots sufficed for the sort of glasses he had. Mr. Hyde ended up looking pretty terrible and I basically just shrugged and told myself that he's wearing some kind of safety goggles. For some reason, I never much liked the idea of those townsfolk becoming heroes, so I rarely use them anyway, but I really like Stacy and wanted to do better for her. I had some black sewing thread around and, using glue from one of my kid's glue sticks, managed to fashion a tiny pair of glasses, (also pictured)...but honestly, they are still a little bit too big for her face and it's near impossible to get them any smaller, let alone smoosh them into the oblong shape that Stacy wears. Maybe I'll try to fine some fairly thin wire I can twist into shape? Anyone else ever do something like this? Maybe they even make extremely tiny glasses I could just order from somewhere? Any advice is appreciated. Watchmen02

Edit: OK, I can't figure out how to upload the pictures for some reason. You'll just have to take my word for it I guess. Zombie12
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2023, 12:40 PM
RE: Stacy's Glasses
(05-28-2023 11:11 PM)Russ Wrote:  Edit: OK, I can't figure out how to upload the pictures for some reason. You'll just have to take my word for it I guess. Zombie12

You are not alone!

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-02-2023, 12:48 PM
Update: It tuned out pretty well! I ended up taking an iphone charging cable that had recently stopped working, tore it open, and took one of the almost fiber-like, thin wires from inside and CAREFULLY shaped it into something resembling glasses. (It took a few tries, since one false move, or heaven forbid a sneeze, could send the tiny wire flying off never to be found again.) I dipped them in the black paint I was using, and carefully attatched them to Stacy's head with some wet paint and carefully covered it with a drop of the clear stuff I'm using as a finish. I think they came out about as good as I could expect. It's a tiny detail, and one that probably won't even be noticed when playing, but what can I say, it makes me happy. Watchmen02
06-02-2023, 01:23 PM
Hey Pretty wild customization! I'm happy for you! That's really cool. Zombie17
06-02-2023, 04:26 PM
Thats some dedicated work Russ. Post some pics when you get a chance!
06-03-2023, 01:11 PM
I know we're talking about Stacy's glasses, but have you guys seen Stacy's mom? She's got it going on!
06-05-2023, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2023 09:23 PM by samuraitrev.)
(06-03-2023 01:11 PM)Raynor Wrote:  I know we're talking about Stacy's glasses, but have you guys seen Stacy's mom? She's got it going on!

Zombie17Zombie17Zombie17

(06-02-2023 12:48 PM)Russ Wrote:  Update: It tuned out pretty well! I ended up taking an iphone charging cable that had recently stopped working, tore it open, and took one of the almost fiber-like, thin wires from inside and CAREFULLY shaped it into something resembling glasses. (It took a few tries, since one false move, or heaven forbid a sneeze, could send the tiny wire flying off never to be found again.) I dipped them in the black paint I was using, and carefully attatched them to Stacy's head with some wet paint and carefully covered it with a drop of the clear stuff I'm using as a finish. I think they came out about as good as I could expect. It's a tiny detail, and one that probably won't even be noticed when playing, but what can I say, it makes me happy. Watchmen02

Awesome custom work there. I do get the amount of effort involved to get a small detail.

Painting glasses (even when present) isn't easy.

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
06-11-2023, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2023 04:36 AM by Russ.)
(06-02-2023 04:26 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Post some pics when you get a chance!

https://youtube.com/shorts/lTLOMmwT8jQ?feature=share
06-11-2023, 10:49 AM
LoL-I love Vid

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-12-2023, 09:27 PM