Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Star Wars: Death Troopers / Red Harvest
02-12-2011, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 06:32 PM by gavindowning.)
Star Wars: Death Troopers / Red Harvest
So, as a big Star Wars fan, I sat down and read Death Troopers recently, followed by the prequel, Red Harvest. Death Troopers is all about zombie stormtroopers on a prison ship. The writer, Joe Schreiber, managed a fun little horror story set in the Star Wars universe, with a couple movie characters showing up about midway through the story (though set shortly before the original trilogy). If you enjoy both Star Wars and zombies, I'd recommend checking it out.

The audio book, checked out from my library, was even more fun, as they added a lot of creepy background sounds.

I also picked up the prequel, Red Harvest, set a few thousand years before the movies (set in the era of the upcoming "Old Republic" MMO). Zombies vs. Sith Lords. Loads of fun, though I preferred Death Troopers (in part because of the audio book and its atmospheric sound effects).

EDIT: I just noticed someone was asking about the first of these books a couple months ago in a different thread. Hope this helps you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2011, 03:37 PM
RE: Star Wars: Death Troopers / Red Harvest
So now I understand what the hell this is...

(Link to bigbadtoystore.com)
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/produ...icture=out

Seems cool though...
What's next?...
Zombies in Star Trek?...

(Link to idwpublishing.com)
https://shop.idwpublishing.com/star-trek...ion-1.html

Being a huge Star Trek fan...
I'm definitely getting this...

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply