Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting hero 'bonus'
11-30-2008, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2008 04:10 PM by Al74.)
Question Starting hero 'bonus'
The sheriff can start the game with a gun.

Do you take the card or do you just remember thats what he has ?

I am thinkign i would forget all the time! :rolleyes:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2008 05:13 PM by ImhotepMagi.)
RE: Starting hero 'bonus'
Al74 Wrote:The sheriff can start the game with a gun.

Do you take the card or do you just remember thats what he has ?

I am thinkign i would forget all the time! :rolleyes:
He always starts the game with one of the revolver cards taken out of the Hero deck.

Incidentally, this question is answered in the FAQ, which is posted at the top of this Forum. I don't mind answering some questions, but I think you'll probably get quicker and more official responses if you check there first before you ask. It might save you some time.Zombie17
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2008 06:38 PM by Al74.)
Argh...but you see sometimes beginners can't see the wood for the trees....

Having said that it is the first 'topic' in the FAQs...hahah!

Thanks!
02-15-2009, 05:14 PM
The same is true with the Detective from Growing Hunger, right? You dig out a flashlight and revolver card for her?

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Tommy Brownell Wrote:The same is true with the Detective from Growing Hunger, right? You dig out a flashlight and revolver card for her?

Yep, if any character is stated as starting with an item such as a gun or flashlight etc. , you take the card from the pack and then shuffle the remaining pack.
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Note that starting with the cards out of the deck is for the benefit of the players. If they lose it, they can more easily fetch it with a building pick up ability.
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Here's a question: What if the Sheriff starts in the middle of a game, and there are no more revolvers in the deck? Let's say they're all in the discard pile. I'm assuming it's okay to take it from the discard pile since his character sheet simply says "Starts with a revolver?"

Or, unlikely but still possible, let's say all the revolvers are being carried already by the other characters? Is the sheriff then out of luck and doesn't get his starting revolver, or must we take the gun from one of the other characters reading the line on his character sheet as a written-in-stone rule?
03-08-2009, 11:44 PM
That's a very good question. I would think that since it doesn't specify the revolver comes from the draw deck, if there's one in the discard pile then you can use it. However, if all the revolvers are either in use or out of play, then he starts with nothing. Same with Rachelle. That's how I would rule on it had the situation ever come up in my game, but I'm wondering what the official word on this might be.

I don't think you take the abilities as written in stone. They're abilities, so sometimes they can be used and other times they can't. In the Sheriff's case, it would seem that 99% of the time his ability can be used but if it can't he's out of luck.
03-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Leki, the FFG FAQ covers this: You take the revolver from the hero deck first. If there are none left in it, then the discard pile. If there are none in either place (such as they're all held by heroes), the Sheriff is out of luck and will start without one.