Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stat tracking
01-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Stat tracking
Because I'm a sadist and love statistics, I've decided to start tracking stats for LNoE. As the game goes on, I write down everything that happens. Cards drawn, played, dice rolled, board location moved to, etc. I'm going to keep basic stats for every scenario such as wins/losses/hero deaths etc. Then, I'm going to keep a list of stats for every hero from number of cards cancelled, zombies killed, total movement, etc. Then, I'll keep those same stats but person specific, so I'll have a sheet for all my friends. I also think I may make up a list of achievements like a lot of video games have. Like, someone could get an achievement called "Can't Touch This" for cancelling 5 wounds or something. Just some incentive and a way to keep the game interesting. Basically, I wanna know what stats you guys think I should keep? I don't have my current list on me, so I'm not gonna write what I already have, but I've gotten a lot so far. I know I'm missing some I'd love, so I figured I'd ask you all. Be as specific as you want, make them as trivial as you want, just throw them out. I wanna track (more or less) everything.

Ex.
Number or ranged/melee attacks
Number of cards cancelled
Wounds taken
Average move speed
Fights cancelled

Just basically things along those lines.

I'm also toying with the idea of making stories out of any particularly interesting games I've played. The only one we've done since I've started doing this was "Stock Up" and it was won in 5 turns due to some very lucky searches.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
RE: Stat tracking
Missing from your list is the all-important "turns lost" (or especially, "Turns spent romancing"...)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
(01-07-2011 01:39 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Missing from your list is the all-important "turns lost" (or especially, "Turns spent romancing"...)

Ah, that's a must! On Sunday, I'll post my full list so far. I'm about to go on away for the weekend though, so I won't have my computer. One thing I'm going to keep track of is, what cards the hero plays most and has played on them the most, be it zombie or hero card. I'll be sure to include those cards in there :P
01-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Cool, I would love to see this. Are you planning to post your numbers here as well? Maybe we could all track similar stats for our games periodically and update this list, to increase the sample size. Imagine one reply per game, listing every one of your stats and the data from that night.
01-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey Master Sarku, think you could cobble something web-based together easily enough to make a community effort of this?
01-07-2011, 08:39 PM
One I started trying to watch was "Special Abilities Used," so I could try to see which ability was utilized most often. It started because everyone hates Billy in my house, and I wanted to see how often the 1 extra movement would have made a difference. It only mattered once in that game, but it did mean he could search a turn earlier.
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
(01-07-2011 06:30 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Cool, I would love to see this. Are you planning to post your numbers here as well? Maybe we could all track similar stats for our games periodically and update this list, to increase the sample size. Imagine one reply per game, listing every one of your stats and the data from that night.

Yeah, I could definitely start posting it. I wanna get something organized and sizable together first. So far, I only have one game's worth of stats and it was a very short game (5 turns), so there's nothing interesting so far. I'll work on getting something together by Sunday.

(01-07-2011 08:39 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  One I started trying to watch was "Special Abilities Used," so I could try to see which ability was utilized most often. It started because everyone hates Billy in my house, and I wanted to see how often the 1 extra movement would have made a difference. It only mattered once in that game, but it did mean he could search a turn earlier.

With my group, we hate Kenny. If someone picks him, it's an automatic redraw. My best friend loves Billy, but I think it's only because he understands how useless he is :P
01-09-2011, 11:37 PM
(01-07-2011 07:28 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Hey Master Sarku, think you could cobble something web-based together easily enough to make a community effort of this?

Huh? What do you mean?

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga